When to Ride What

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone has tips on when the best times are to ride certain attractions. Any tips when are certain rides less crowded or other things of that nature?

rsoxguy

SE at EPCOT is usually a long wait in the morning, and sometimes into the afternoon. If you wait until the evening, the line is non-existent.

This is also true for IASW at MK.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
During the summer a lot of guests will head back to their resorts to get out of the afternoon heat. If you can stand it, that may be a good time to attempt some of the more popular rides.....

erasure fan1

IN the MK we go splash and thunder first thing as you can get on 2 or so times each within 40min or so. At the studios hit toy story midway mania first thing as well, it gets CRAZY. In Epcot never ride spaceship earth first, go right to soarin or test track and do SSE later in the afternoon.

BrerFrog

Splash Mountain and BTMRR can't be reached when the parade is running, unless you are already on that area. As a consequence the lines are shorter during that time. At least that is what I concluded based on my experiences. :)

DizneyPryncess

I try to hit at least one major attraction at park opening, because lines haven't formed yet. Usually I'll get a fast pass to one, and go on another one. When I'm off the first, the fast pass to the second one is usually good. For example, at Epcot I'll get a fast pass for Test Track as soon as we walk in, and then head straight over to Soarin. You can hit both major attractions in a short amount of time.

CrazyaboutGoofy

If you subscribe to touringplans, they have a section, called Cheat Sheets. These cheat sheets tell you when it is the best time to ride attractions, when to get fast passes, and when to avoid the attractions.

Susan Savia

I liked to get a Fast Pass to Test Track or Toy Story first thing, then ride them, then shortly after I get off, its time for my Fast Pass ride and by then the lines have formed!

ABigBrassBand

I don't know about you, but when I was last there SSE was either walk-on or <5 min. wait, so I wouldn't do that first (even though I did because we had just arrived and I had to ride that to feel like I was at home). Go to Soarin', and then TT. After that it really doesn't matter.

As for MK, Splash or Thunder. Midday the HM seems to be crowded, so go there before closing (particularly during Wishes).

DHS, GO STRAIGHT FOR TSMM. Just do it.

DAK, go to EE, then Dinosaur, and then take the rest of the park at your own pace and be sure to soak it all in.

stlbobby

The best tip is to be there for rope drop and then hit the E-tickets first.

At AK EE and KS are the best things to hit first.

At MK its either BTM and Splash or SM.

At EPCOT go for Soarin', especially if you are willing to use a single rider line at TT later.

AT HS go straight to TTSM you may still find a long wait and just get a FASTPASS, then head to RnR and ToT.

After that schedule your big shows and just take it as it comes. Remember you can always hit an attraction for a FASTPASS and move on. That way you can experience it later in the day, but not have the long wait.

If you are there at opening you will get so much done in the first 2 to 2 1/2 hours the rest of your day will be pursued at your leisure.

greebomusic

We did something last week I'd never thought of. My wife wanted to watch the fireworks from the back of the castle to avoid the crush and take our time leaving the park. We decided to ride Dumbo while waiting... lo and behold, fireworks on both sides of us while riding! It was fantastic and will now be something we try to do every visit (if we can time it right again).

ABigBrassBand

We did something last week I'd never thought of. My wife wanted to watch the fireworks from the back of the castle to avoid the crush and take our time leaving the park. We decided to ride Dumbo while waiting... lo and behold, fireworks on both sides of us while riding! It was fantastic and will now be something we try to do every visit (if we can time it right again).
If I'm not mistaken, don't they close that part of Fantasyland during the fireworks? Or is that just after to clean up? I remember trying to get to SM after the fireworks and had to wait a while for them to open the area again.

those cheat sheets must be worth their weight in gold...I thought maybe I could find them online w/o subscribing to tourplanning...but no such luck:shrug:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

When I do to Disney... Imagination and the seas have the shortest lines ( I wonder why), I always find Frontierland to be dezerted after Wishes, the steady omnimovers are the best to hit when the thrill rides are at their prime (30 minutes or under) and I always find the thrill rides to be at the shortest at opening and at closing.

greebomusic

If I'm not mistaken, don't they close that part of Fantasyland during the fireworks? Or is that just after to clean up? I remember trying to get to SM after the fireworks and had to wait a while for them to open the area again.

We camped back there before they roped it off.. just sat on the wall surrounding Dumbo.

MarkTwain

My own list...

Fastpasses for Midway Mania, Soarin, Everest, and Space, first thing.

Riding Safari, early in the day.

Fantasyland and non-SSE Future World, during the day.

TTA, Big Thunder, Splash, and Maelstrom, at night...

SSE, Pirates, and Mansion, last thing at night, when there is virtually no line at all, and you can have the attraction almost entirely to yourself and re-ride as much as you like. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom