When to go?

Cindee75

Went on our first trip in September 2011 - loved it!!! Working on details and budget for next trip - and need some help deciding when to go and where to stay. Please help.
Should we go in late November or early February ? for weather and crowds are the concerns.
My next question is where to stay - we loved SSR but would like to try something different - would you recommend Animal Kingdom Villas or my daughter wants to try the new family suites at the Art of Animation. However, a friend has said bus service to value resorts was not the greatest is this true?
Any advice is welcome - thanks so much. :wave:

Pan

Early Feb is a great time to go. Crowds might be slightly less in late Nov/early dec but I don't think too much different. Crowds start picking up after President's Day in mid Feb as do the prices of hotels. Plus, as I'm sure you can appreciate, it is so nice to get a break from the winter in late Jan/early Feb.

As for hotels, I would always recommend POR or POFQ. It's a moderate hotel but well worth the extra cost.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Well I agree with Pan,Feb is nice but I suppose I would weigh up the prices.As far as the resort.well we are suckers for PORS, have stayed at FQ also but we love the relaxed atmosphere at Riverside,plus the best food court of all mods.The good thing is no matter what resort you pick,it's bound to be magic:wave:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Have your been their during the Holidays at all, if you have not then I would choose Nov. The parks/resorts are absolutely amazing during time. As far as resorts go, try the art of animation especially since it will be brand new.

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

Weather wise, November will probably be warmer. Depending on when you go in November, the food and wine festival might be happening in Epcot. As long as you avoid Thanksgiving and President's Day weekend, the crowds should be comparable to what you saw in September in both options.

For the resorts, bus service can be slow everywhere. The value resort buses always seem more crowded to me because there is generally only one stop for the resort and so many people to get on the bus. The resort you pick should depend on what you want to do with your vacation. If you spend the majority of your time in the parks, you might as well go with the value resort since you won't be in your room much. If you really like animals, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is really neat since it's like your own personal zoo. If you like to swim, the Yacht and Beach Club has the best pool by far. Plus you can walk or boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from there.

All that being said, my two favorites are the Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside. There is just a really nice atmosphere at both of them.

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

My vote is November after thanksgiving.. The crowds are lighter and Christmas will be in fill swing.... You might be able to catch the filming of the Christmas Parade ( normally the first weekend in december). Plus Feb might have a lot of referbs and they normally dont have a lot of referbs during the holiday season.. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

babydonald

November

Cindee75, I would definitely go during November. Most of the X-mas decorations are up in early November but not all. It is a great time of year to visit and you will get a different experience than your Sept. trip. As for a place to stay, I would say either. One of the feww resorts that my family has not stayed at is Animal Kingdom lodge. We are looking forward to seeing the animals when we wake up. There are a lot of really neat activities at AKL, like fireside stories and dusk night vision animal viewing. Your concern about the Art of Animation buses however are unfounded. Pop Century is very different from the other value resorts today. While I am not sure of the exact transportation schedule, I would not fret if that is your choice. Although I am not sure the age of your daughter, but there are Princess rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, if she is interested. While not as spacious as the suites, quite possibly a better value.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom