When to go???

A_CANADIAN33

When is a good time to go in December or Novemeber. I was thinking of Dec 3-13 but i am unsure now.

I have never been to DL or WDW around christmas time... is it worth it?

please help.

miles1

The beginning of December is probably one of the best times to go. Low crowds, no heat, Christmas decorations and festivities are great. Since it's low season, you can get breaks at hotels and resorts.

The only down side is that it can get fairly chilly, and if you're looking for a vacation from the cold/snow, swimming or sunbathing is probably out. Sometimes the E-ticket rides are closed for rehab, since the crowds are low.

We're looking at December/January ourselves. Hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0

kdblue165

Best times to go

My wife & I have taken 7 trips to WDW in 11 years. All have been either late October or late January.

October is great 'cuz you can catch Mickey's Halloween Party (a blast with or without the kids!) and Epcot Food & Wine festival. Crowds are light and weather is great!

January is also a great time to go - weather can be a bit cool in the evenings, but gets into the 70's (sometimes 80's) most days by noon. The steam rising off of the pools in the morning is a favorite picture of mine in January. Crowds are very light in late January. I think the longest line we waited in anywhere was 30 minutes (that was for Dumbo - notorious for slow loading)

Either time I mentioned, the longest lines for ETicket rides was about 20 minutes. But, hey, any time you can get on RnRC more than 5 times an hour in the late afternoon is a GREAT time to go, right?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by miles1
The beginning of December is probably one of the best times to go. Low crowds, no heat, Christmas decorations and festivities are great. Since it's low season, you can get breaks at hotels and resorts.

The only down side is that it can get fairly chilly, and if you're looking for a vacation from the cold/snow, swimming or sunbathing is probably out. Sometimes the E-ticket rides are closed for rehab, since the crowds are low.

We're looking at December/January ourselves. Hope you have a great time.

I second the idea of going at the beginning of December. In fact even til about the 17-18, the crowds are low, there are good deals at the Disney hotels and youl can enjoy some of the Disney holiday spirit.

Being from Chicago and coming to Florida's weather from a nasty winter up north, I really don't consider it to be "cold" in Florida. Of course it feels great there to me! On Average when I have gone in December in the past, there has been one nice day where I can go swim out at the Water parks or by the hotel pool.
Sure, it gets cold at night where you need a sweatshirt or jeans. :lookaroun
I'd go for December all the way!:sohappy:

Whatever you decide, have a fun trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

foxfire

Originally posted by pocahontas79
I second the idea of going at the beginning of December. In fact even til about the 17-18, the crowds are low, there are good deals at the Disney hotels and youl can enjoy some of the Disney holiday spirit.

Being from Chicago and coming to Florida's weather from a nasty winter up north, I really don't consider it to be "cold" in Florida. Of course it feels great there to me! On Average when I have gone in December in the past, there has been one nice day where I can go swim out at the Water parks or by the hotel pool.
Sure, it gets cold at night where you need a sweatshirt or jeans. :lookaroun
I'd go for December all the way!:sohappy:

Whatever you decide, have a fun trip!:wave:

I'll third December =) Things quiet down after Thanksgiving till about the week before X-Mas. I try and go this time of year whenever possible. Pack a sweater!

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by A_CANADIAN33
When is a good time to go in December or Novemeber. I was thinking of Dec 3-13 but i am unsure now.

I have never been to DL or WDW around christmas time... is it worth it?

please help.

"It´s the MOST wonderful time..... of the year" :D

The dates you are thinking about, are also PERFECT. Right after Thanksgiving, the crowds decrease and the parks are all decorated already. Do not miss Epcot with the storytellers, ans specially for the Candlelight Processional. The sooner you see it, the better because the crowds will increase and the lines will get longer each time. Make sure to catch a show when it´s getting dark so you can see the cool snow effects on the stage. :animwink:

To put it one way, if I had the chance to go back, I would do it the first week of December. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :xmas:

Upvote 0

firefighterjosi

:xmas:
I'll go on the record and tell you to book your stay for the beginning of December. Low Crowds are the biggest reason for me! I love the fact that you can get on any attraction without much of a wait. We always go during this time of year, and I think that the longest line we ever waited in was half an hour. It was an early entry day at the MK, and the line was for Pirates of the Carribean. Low Crowds means you have time to see and do EVERYTHING you want to. You don't waste time standing in a two hour line!
The weather gets a little cool at night, but being from Pennsylvania, the days are down right wonderful! Besides, I'd take a 50-60 degree night over a 4-5 degree one any day!!!
Definately definately definately go in early December....I'm going this year Dec. 6-14 and staying at AKL! Hope to see ya there

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom