When to go/Where to stay

ArielLover

Planning our 20th Anniversary. Will not be till 2006 however. I have to make plans ahead of time at work as we are considering a 2-3 week trip. Two questions.
1. Our anniversary is in April. Would you suggest the April trip or go in the first part of December ? Been there in April (spring break ARGH) but never been there for Christmas.
2. Where to stay. Grand Floridian or Polynesian. Never stayed at either. Also considering a split stay between the two. Looking for the more romantic of the two. Any ideas for this?

OK one more. Any other anniversary type things you can recommend. Best idea I have heard so far is wearing the Bride and Groom Ears with 20th anniversary on it. We never had a honeymoon so my wife would love that.
Thanks in advance
Joe

GoofyFan1

ArielLover said:
Planning our 20th Anniversary. Will not be till 2006 however. I have to make plans ahead of time at work as we are considering a 2-3 week trip. Two questions.
1. Our anniversary is in April. Would you suggest the April trip or go in the first part of December ? Been there in April (spring break ARGH) but never been there for Christmas.
2. Where to stay. Grand Floridian or Polynesian. Never stayed at either. Also considering a split stay between the two. Looking for the more romantic of the two. Any ideas for this?

OK one more. Any other anniversary type things you can recommend. Best idea I have heard so far is wearing the Bride and Groom Ears with 20th anniversary on it. We never had a honeymoon so my wife would love that.
Thanks in advance
Joe

Personally we prefer December. From what I've heard, if you go in early Dec., the crowds will be light. We're crazy and go right at Christmas time.

There is a "rehitching ceremony" at the Garden Grill Restaurant, in the Land Pavillion at Epcot.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Stick around, I'm sure someone will have more.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

I prefer the first two weeks of December as well. The crowds are small to nonexistent. As for your anniversary vacation, may I reccommend you visit
http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/vows/deluxe.html. They have detailed information as to what they can do for anniversaries and vow renewals. Below is some of what they offer in one of their packages. The Deluxe Intimate Vow Renewal package. I don't now if you planned on renewing vows, but it's a start.

Deluxe Intimate Vow Renewal

Magical Amenities Include:
- Luxurious accommodations at a selected Walt Disney World Resort
- On-site Vow Renewal coordinator
- Officiant to perform Vow Renewal ceremony
- Choice of fresh-flower bouquet for the bride and boutonniere for the groom
- One solo musician for Vow Renewal and cake-cutting reception
- Elegant two-tier wedding cake served by host/hostess with keepsake cake topper and one bottle of Fairy Tale Champagne for the toast
- Special Romance tote bag and Vow Renewal keepsake
- Disney Vow Renewal certificate
- Four consecutive hours of a limousine charter for transportation to and from ceremony and reception from your Walt Disney World Resort
- Two Ultimate Park Hopper Tickets including admission to the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks and Pleasure Island for the length of your package
- Unlimited use of the Walt Disney World transportation system (monorail, motor coach and ferryboat)

Package includes:
- Intimate Vow Renewal ceremony and Magical Amenities
- Wedding cake and champagne toast reception at your Vow Renewal location

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Get in touch with me. I specialize in helping make the most out of special events like your anniversary.

I will give you free itinerary planning which will include every romantic idea possible. This is a service that I give to all of my clients who book a pkg.

Pam

Upvote 0

lukacseven

Since your anniversary is in April, that would probably be a nice time to go, but early December is (based on my experiences) the single best time to go. The crowds are very small, the weather is still nice enough to enjoy all the attractions, including water rides, and you will get to see all the Christmas decorations in the parsk and at the resorts. If it's just the two of you, I'd recommend GF. Again, it is beautifully decorated for the holidays, and is much more romantic than Poly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom