When people just won't cooperate with plans

rufio

My brother is visiting for a week and we're spending 5 days at Disney World because he received a 5 day ticket for Christmas. His friend is also coming to join us for 3 days starting this Friday. They asked me to plan what I could since I live here and go often. Over a month ago I talked to both of them and told her she needed to buy her ticket (gave her the link to a certain website with slightly discounted prices) and send me the info so I could link her to the FP+ I had made for my brother and I (some hard to get including Frozen and the Mine Train).

Here we are two days away from her first Disney day and she still hasn't given me the info. I found out she bought her ticket yesterday through DisneyWorld.com so I've now attempted to link her to my friends and family but she hasn't accepted yet. What I'm trying to say is - she has zero fastpasses two days in advance. I have the distinct feeling that I will end up having to give her my Magic Band so that she can do rides while I stand outside. Has anyone else ever attempted to plan and it turned out like this? What did you end up doing?

Minnie1986

Okay relax a little. Truthfully not everyone likes to plan. When you get there, go to the concierge services at the resort and see if they can add her to your FPs. One person doing a FP is easier than multiples and they often will be able to find something that will work with most of the FP you have scheduled.

Just go with it and see what happens, hopefully things will be okay in the end and if she has to sit something out because of not have a FP, so be it, but don't stress yourself over this as it really isn't that big of a deal in the end. Forums here are great but sometimes people get the idea that everything needs to be done so far in advance. We have had fantastic trips with very little planning done :)
While I agree that not EVERYTHING needs to be planned 8 years in advance, for me, this particular situation would be a matter of being considerate. She (the friend) was asked to do something for the benefit of all in the party, and didn't. Now, OP has to scramble to make things work. Does she have the option of going the guest services, etc for help, yes. Nonetheless, this was a completely avoidable (as far as we know) situation and OP should not have to lift another finger; I'd say she's done enough.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

This is why I am very select about who I will do parks with, I am the one everyone will look to to plan but if you don't want to follow my plan then the hell with you, if you ask me to do the work in advance it's a dictatorship not a democracy and I will send dissenters to the gulags
You and I sound very much alike. I am ore than happy to do the planning and will ask for others preferences, etc. However, if you don;t work with me, then sucks to be you!

Upvote 0

correcaminos

While I agree that not EVERYTHING needs to be planned 8 years in advance, for me, this particular situation would be a matter of being considerate. She (the friend) was asked to do something for the benefit of all in the party, and didn't. Now, OP has to scramble to make things work. Does she have the option of going the guest services, etc for help, yes. Nonetheless, this was a completely avoidable (as far as we know) situation and OP should not have to lift another finger; I'd say she's done enough.
I cannot speak if it was avoidable. I don't know financial situations of people or if they weren't sure they could make it the way they hoped. There could be 1000 reasons why they didn't buy the tickets outside of just not being considerate. It appears it was unavoidable but unless we are that person buying the tickets we cannot know.

We've had people come at the last minute just because and while it isn't as easy to add things, Disney does do a decent job. You can even try to copy your FP+ yourself. We have had great luck doing so in person too. I simply said what I did to hopefully help the OP to calm down. Disney really makes us feel we have to plan a ton and it really can add a lot of stress to trips when there shouldn't be because it's a vacation :)

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

I cannot speak if it was avoidable. I don't know financial situations of people or if they weren't sure they could make it the way they hoped. There could be 1000 reasons why they didn't buy the tickets outside of just not being considerate. It appears it was unavoidable but unless we are that person buying the tickets we cannot know.

We've had people come at the last minute just because and while it isn't as easy to add things, Disney does do a decent job. You can even try to copy your FP+ yourself. We have had great luck doing so in person too. I simply said what I did to hopefully help the OP to calm down. Disney really makes us feel we have to plan a ton and it really can add a lot of stress to trips when there shouldn't be because it's a vacation :)

You are correct; we cannot know whether the situation was unavoidable... that's why I said as far as we know (we can't, as random internet people, be privy to all of the details). Didn't mean to make you think I overall objected to your suggestions. Not the case at all.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

You are correct; we cannot know whether the situation was unavoidable... that's why I said as far as we know (we can't, as random internet people, be privy to all of the details). Didn't mean to make you think I overall objected to your suggestions. Not the case at all.
No worries :) I just didn't want people to think I was callous either to the plight of the OP. I have more of a "what will be, will be" mantra at Disney now. They do great at helping when needed though. Being DVC we often have people join us at the last minute and we find good ways to work around. Or a friend will meet up for the day and we've had great luck coordinating plans :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom