When must I leave on a Halloween Horror night?

JillC LI

Original Poster
So I have all my DW plans complete for October including one day at Universal. I just learned that the day I intended for us to spend at Universal happens to be a night they are hosting Halloween Horror (i.e., Oct. 22). I see that event begins at 6:30pm. Does anyone know what time my family will be kicked out of Universal so they can make preparations for the event? I have NO desire to stay for it with our two young children.

Also, does anyone know if we will be barred from eating dinner on CityWalk after 6:30pm as a result of the event?
Thanks guys,
Jill

timeman

Since it will be starting at 6:30 then more than likely the park will be closing at 5pm. People who are there and have a ticket to HHN are allowed to stay in the park, but in a holding area near the entrance, while everybody else has to leave the park. You will have no problem with eating at Citywalk because it is not part of the park and is always open late.

drewfoshooo

Universal Studios Florida closes at 5. Islands of Adventure is usually open until about 6 or 7.

CityWalk is still fully operational during the time. You'll have no problem finding someplace to eat.

Skip

^This guy's right. Islands should be open til 7, but the Studios will close at 5 to start clearing out and transition into event-mode. While it may be crowded due to the incoming Horror Nights-goers, Citywalk will run as always.

JillC LI

Original Poster
Thanks and one more question

Thanks for the info on park hours everyone. 9am-5pm should be enough time for us to spend at Universal.

We're contemplating eating at Pat O'Briens on City Walk - anybody heard anything about that place? I was told that before 9pm, kids can get in to eat dinner and hear the dueling pianos. As big Elton John and Billy Joel fans (in fact, we're seeing them perform this weekend!), we love piano bars.
Thanks again.
Jill

drewfoshooo

Thanks for the info on park hours everyone. 9am-5pm should be enough time for us to spend at Universal.

We're contemplating eating at Pat O'Briens on City Walk - anybody heard anything about that place? I was told that before 9pm, kids can get in to eat dinner and hear the dueling pianos. As big Elton John and Billy Joel fans (in fact, we're seeing them perform this weekend!), we love piano bars.
Thanks again.
Jill

I've never been but I've heard great things. It's a bit tricky to find if you've never been before. There's an upper level to CityWalk. There's escalators right near the movie theater/entrance to CityWalk. You can't miss them.

NBA City is one place I'd recommend. The food is much better then you would think. Nice atmosphere as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom