When is Launch Bay going Bye Bye?

po1998

Original Poster
Any rumors from the insiders as to when Launch Bay will be bulldozed? I'm hoping it will be shutdown by the end of 2019, and plans revealed for a new attraction in what is currently wasted space.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Launch Bay is still around for all of 2020 and into 2021.

Wendy Pleakley

WDW parks are so short on capacity that I expect so-so attractions like this to continue to stick around well past their best by date.

Not unlike how Sounds Dangerous kept operating to the point it was embarrassing.

WDWYankee15

Bantuu does not encompass the pre-Disney Star Wars period (Episodes 1-6). Launch Bay represents that "era." This is why Kylo is moving out and Darth Vader is moving back in when SW:GE officially opens on the 29th. I don't see Launch Bay going anywhere soon. The crowds are coming for Star Wars. They will not be cutting back Star Wars material. Plus they need attractions to absorb capacity.

po1998

Original Poster
WDW parks are so short on capacity that I expect so-so attractions like this to continue to stick around well past their best by date.

Not unlike how Sounds Dangerous kept operating to the point it was embarrassing.
It's a shame that a space as large as this is being used for nothing more than a glorified M&G which they could have easily setup within SWL or somewhere else in the park.

matt9112

Bantuu does not encompass the pre-Disney Star Wars period (Episodes 1-6). Launch Bay represents that "era." This is why Kylo is moving out and Darth Vader is moving back in when SW:GE officially opens on the 29th. I don't see Launch Bay going anywhere soon. The crowds are coming for Star Wars. They will not be cutting back Star Wars material. Plus they need attractions to absorb capacity.

If only they built more rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom