When is it worth the extra buck?

DisneyFan 2000

So my friend and I are planning a trip to the USA this coming April, with an obvious pit stop being a 10 night stay at WDW! :D Now, it's his first time there, so the obvious choice for planning would be staying on-site and soaking in the "magic" completely, but here's the dilemma and was interested in hearing you guys' opinions.

We're not gonna be spending much time at the resort. The basic plan is park hours from open to close, and half day parks (AK, Sea World) will be mixed in with a bit of outlet shopping, Downtown Disney etc... So my question is this: In your opinion, when does upgrading from the basics of a value resort to a moderate / deluxe experience become worthwhile? I know the moderates and deluxe resorts are awesome, and for 10 days some packages offered are more than tempting, but is it worth the extra buck?

Discuss away... I'd love to hear more seasoned guests' opinions on the matter.

BUZZCRUSH

When traveling with our small kids we spend the extra buck because we love the convenience of a monorail with a stroller and we spend more time in the rooms with the kids. HOWEVER when my husband and I go to Disney alone we go cheap as we spend most of our time in the parks. That being said consider if the extra magic hours are something you'll use and hence need to stay at a Disney resort (value) if not consider Bonnet Creek or any of the several hotels close to Disney:shrug::hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom