When is a good time?

RSD

Original Poster
I'm planning a trip sometime between October - February.

When is the best time to go in that period? The main thing I consider are line-ups and wait times. Weather is a minor factor because I'm from the Great White North. However, I would still like the ideal combo of lines and weather.

Alright experts...speak up!!!!

Thanks!

KevinPage

RSD,

Honestly, if you are a fan of Xmas or the holiday season, the first few weeks of December are my favorite time of year. The weather is mild (for Florida standards), the big crowds are not here yet and you get all the extra shows, decorations, and good stuff the holiday season brings.

Avoid Thanksgiving week or the week after such. Also avoid Xmas week, so right in the middle there is a great time IMHO.

When the wife and I visited for the first time in December of 1999 we were hooked and decided to get married there, same time 2 years later :D

StevenT

Avoid January and February, the weather can be misserably cold (this is coming from a lifetime Floridian) . October might be nice, or go around Christmas time. Usually it is really busy this time of year, but I hear it's decorated beautifully. If you are only concered with crowds, I'd avoid X-mas, New Years, Magic Kingdom frequently reaches capacity during this season.

David

October gets my vote as well. The weather is very nice--warm enought to still go to the water parks. You can take advantage of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. You do miss the Holiday Decorations, true, but the crowds are very managable, and the wait times are usually not very bad. We've got our third Octboer trip coming up this year. We have gone other times, but really prefer October above the other dates.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Good Options

Well, with that wide time frame, you have a number of choices...all good. Most of that time gives you a lot of flexability and some of the lowest crouds and lowest prices of the year.

I personally go in October often and it's a nice balance. Avoid Columbus weekend however. You also have Mickey's Halloween party and Epcot Food and Wine Celebrations. Skip Thanksgiving week, but the 2-3 weeks following are great. No crowds and all the Christmas experiences.

Jan and Feb. are OK, as a previous poster said, it does get cool, but it will still be a major improvement from where you are coming from. You will get cheapest rates at that time.

It may sound strange, but in Jan/Feb. and early Dec. sometimes the parks are so empty, it takes away from some of the experience (for me). You walk past much of the pre-shows that are often highly entertaining.

Ultimately, you can't loose (just avoid Columbus, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years and Presidents weekend.

speck76

Re: Good Options

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger
Jan and Feb. are OK, as a previous poster said, it does get cool, but it will still be a major improvement from where you are coming from. You will get cheapest rates at that time.

Jan in 2005 will not be too cheap. Orlando has a number of large citywide conventions, larger than we have seen in this city before.

Feb will not see as many conventions, but stay away from President's Day week, as it is very busy.

October/November (san Thanksgiving week) is great, and you have the added benifit of the food and wine festival.

December (first 2 and a half weeks) is great, and you have the added benifit of the candlelight processional.

RSD

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys. I have so much more info. Looks like I have a big decision to make, although it seems I will be leaning towards October.

yensidtlaw1969

I went the First week of October in 2003 for the First or Second Halloween party ( whichever one the 5th was ). It really wasn't that crowded. We wen't to the Magic Kingdom during the day, stayed until 6 ( when the park closed ), and came back at 7, when it reopened for the Halloween party. I had a BLAST! I got to go on the Haunted Mansion 2 TIMES IN A ROW!. As soon as the ride ended I asked the CM if I could ride again and he said sure. I didn't even have to get out of my Doombuggy. On that second ride I was THE ONLY PERSON ON THE HAUNTED MANSION ( other than the CMs ofcourse.) It was really soooooo much creepier!

JackSkellington

I suggest the week between Christmas and New Year's. That I have read is the least crowded time to go all year. And plus you can celebrate New Year's at PI. Fun galore.:wave:

speck76

PI is fun, but that night, it is not great.

Also, the week between Christmas and NY is one of the busiest, if not the busiest time of year in the parks. One NY eve, it is common for both Epcot and MK (but more likely MK) to have to close the gate to new addmissions.

If you have an option, don't pick this week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom