When in 2020 for solo trip?

Chickp

I'm looking to book a trip to WDW for the latter half of 2020. It would be a solo trip so I'm not constrained by either school holidays or other peoples availability. I live in Europe so I'm not very familiar with all the public holidays or school closures in the US, so can people suggest when would be a good time to visit?

I would make the trip for at least 10days with a small split to also visit Universal/IoA (I'm a big HP fan) but most of the time would be spent at WDW.
I don't want to hire a car so am looking at staying on-site at Disney, so any info on when to book to make the most of the Disney offers is also much appreciated. Especially the UK deals as I can easily book that (my folks still live in the UK so can easily get any paperwork shipped to them :))

Thanks in advance

JohnD

Depends on if you want to experience the fall or the holidays. I would pick early October as the temperatures are more comfortable. We do have a US Holiday, Columbus Day, which is Monday, October 14, so you would expect more crowds over that weekend. You can take advantage of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in MK. The earlier you go in the month, the less it costs. It costs the most on 10/31, obviously.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be open in HS so expect higher crowds throughout the year regardless.

Upvote 0

Chickp

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.

I was also looking at going early November, would the Xmas decorations be up then or do they go up closer to Thanksgiving?

Upvote 0

JohnD

Thanks for the reply.

I was also looking at going early November, would the Xmas decorations be up then or do they go up closer to Thanksgiving?

Well, the last MNSSHP is November 1 so you have a good bet of seeing Christmas decorations all around MK November 2 and later. The rest of WDW will follow suit about the same time. Another US holiday to keep in mind is Veterans Day which is Monday, November 11. The week of November 3, November 10, or November 17 would also be good times to go if you want to experience WDW for the holidays before the Thanksgiving rush. Thanksgiving is later this year. The fourth Thursday is November 28. I can't speak for when SW:GE will be open. If it is, all bets are off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom