When Fastpass is down.

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
I am new to the Fastpass+/Magic band system. I have read that the fastpass+ system has gone down a few times. I have a few questions that might help us prepare for our trip:

1. What exactly happens when the system goes down?
2. Do you lose your fastpass for that whole day?
3. Should we print out our fastpass schedule as backup?

Thank You

JourneysEnd

I am new to the Fastpass+/Magic band system. I have read that the fastpass+ system has gone down a few times. I have a few questions that might help us prepare for our trip:

1. What exactly happens when the system goes down?
2. Do you lose your fastpass for that whole day?
3. Should we print out our fastpass schedule as backup?

Thank You
1. Nothing as far as what's already booked. It remains booked.
2. No
3. Always a good idea.
The system going down just means you can't change anything until it's back up. Sometimes all your stuff will disappear when the system is down but it shows up again as soon as everything's working.

oceanbreeze77

Original Poster
1. Nothing as far as what's already booked. It remains booked.
2. No
3. Always a good idea.
The system going down just means you can't change anything until it's back up. Sometimes all your stuff will disappear when the system is down but it shows up again as soon as everything's working.
Thank you for your response! So everything on the magic band should be fine? Its just the app that may malfunction?

ninjaprincesst

I have seen people get saved by printouts our screen shots on their phone many times. Sometimes the system is wonky. I had it reverse our RR and TOT one time but they looked at my screenshot and let us right through.

DisneyJoe

Thank you for your response! So everything on the magic band should be fine? Its just the app that may malfunction?
The magic band doesn't contain anything except an electronic "pointer" to tell the system where to find your MDE account and its info. The phone app connects to the same place, only difference is that you can see the info on the phone app.

When the system goes down, neither would work.

Always have a printed copy of your FP+ and ADR confirmations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom