When Does French Quarter Reopen?

jmewin

I heard that POFQ was closed for 2 years. This means 5/05 reopening. I was SO disappointed when I heard that it would not be opened for this year's trip. I enjoyed it SO much last year.

Upvote 0

luvthemouse

grrr....i hate when they always close FQ...always the first to go...don't they know its my favorite?!?!?! It annoys me so much since it is such a pretty place but when they close it they kinda let it go to hell....i was there right after it reopened the last time and it looked like it had been closed for a while...not cool :mad: :cry:

Upvote 0
I think that POFQ is the nicest moderate reort on property. It probably comes from the fact that it's the smallest. If they really are making improvements to it, then its closure is alright. If its a mothballing type of deal then :fork: ! Are they doing a major rehab to the food court? I liked the atmosphere inside, but I thought that it was too small, especially with the table service restraunt being closed. Otherwise, the entire resort was spectacular and one of my favs on the entire property.

Upvote 0

WDMike

Hi. Name's Mike. I work for the Disney Reservations Center (no, I won't tell ya what my stage name is. :) )

French Quarter, or as we refer to it, 1O, was closed in may for an estimated 2 year multi-million dollar renovation. They're replacing all the furniture, the carpet, wall paper, etc etc... the interior of every single room will be all new when it reopens in 2005.

You ever want the straight dope on promotions, or weird stuff you're told when you call DRC, email me and ask me about it...

Right now, our biggest hang up is with ppl booking Mears Motor Shuttle as their airport transfers. People are experiencing 2-4 hor waits at McCoy waiting for a bus, and last night I spoke with a guest whose bus drove circles around the airport for 45 minutes before leaving, causing her to be late for her priority seating at Narcoosee's.

Meanwhile, don't be surprised if you start noticing a change in the mentality/cordiality of the agents you get on the phone after January. They're restructuring the entire DRC system to run on a "salary + incentive" program, where the more we sell, the more we make. The newhires they're bringing in are being hired based on past sales background rather than customer service/call center experience as it was done last year when I came onboard.
So basically, customer service is taking a back seat to get more sales, and agents are going to be leaping over each other trying to get that revenue... So if you call in to modify your dates, for example, invariably there's gonna be some jerk who cancels your original booking and rebooks it just to get the revenue, which means mistakes could be made in the rebooking of your res, the original agent has to file a complaint and prove his sale was stolen, etc etc etc... It's all a big mess. They're so understaffed from people walking out over pay issues (most of us make less than 9 dollars an hour despite coming from jobs that paid over 11.00... and the new people are being started at 9.80-10.50 WITHOUT us being raised to an equal level) that we've all been working a manditory extra ten hours of overtime a week since July, and that was after doing manditory over time in January when they thought we'd be in peak, and march, april, and may for the Fairytale package. )

Now... here's something that will mae the ownersof this site very happy... At DRC, we have a system called Folios we use to keep up-to-date on standard rates, special events, and so on. It's our "all answers guide" if we don't know something. One of the sections is called "The Same Page" which is a collection of Disney World Rumors that guests may callin and ask about. It's there so we will know what they're talking about. Well, guess where most of those rumors are directly linked from? Not our own site, no. WDWMAGIC.COM. :)

-M

Upvote 0

luvthemouse

ok...im breathing a little easier now....atleast it will be better after it re opens. cant wait... im sooooooo thrilled (NOT!) to hear disney resevervations are now gonna be comissioned...yipee....what is the world commig to?:veryconfu Disney was one of the few places left where employees weren't getting kickbacks for sales. I guess the understaffing issue also explains why i spent almost an hour on hold (on a toll call to florida from nj) while tryin to plan my next trip...grrr....i swear disney and the phone company have some kind of deal....

Upvote 0

DouglasE

I just wanted to clarify something. It is the whole Port Orleans resort that is being rennovated over the two years. They are doing it in phases. The first phase involved the closing of Port Orleans - French Quarter. In the original plan, they had planned to reopen the French Quarter by Holiday season this year. I don't think they will make it but probably will be able to open French Quarter sometime in the spring of 2004. Of course, this means that parts of Port Orleans - Riverside will be closing in the future, if not already. Sorry I can't provide definite dates, but at least it gives you an idea of what is happening.

Upvote 0
Reservationists getting commissions for making reservations and at Disney to boot? That sounds extremely awful! What braintrust came up with that idea. I can see the complaints rolling in as I type. I don't want a pushy reservationists trying to push packages and other items on me. They should be paid to help us not to help themselves. I don't want to speak to a telemarketer mentality when I call Disney to book a room!
:fork:

Upvote 0

WDMike

Well, none of us have a choice... We're all going to be split up into groups... right now, everyone books everything: Florida resident, packages, dining, cirque, you name it...

When the new progams goes out, we'll all be judged on our "sales strengths" and will be put into groups where all we'll take our calls designated to said group:

Travel Agent Calls
"Worldphiles" (regular visitors who know exactly what they want, know the parks by heart, etc)
New visitors
dining/tickets...

and all of us will have a quota to meet..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom