When do you think Disney will start selling annual passes again?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Apologizes if I wasn’t clear on the intent! To be blunt, to many people live near WDW now that if they kept the prices the same, Disney would probably lose money as the park would have more people who only pay a couple thousand for a whole year.

There is a huge market now in Central Florida (just via the shear amount of people moving here), so Disney can drastically raise the AP price and statistically some of them will pay the high prices. Im the first one to acknowledge Florida is not where the money is! Hopefully that clears it up? I agree with what your last statement, basically

Gotcha...my bad, I can’t dispute that.

A lot of the AP question is dependent on the “virus that must not be named”...cause that’s the block...and who knows what is gonna go on there now that the “election that shall not be named” is over

Disstevefan1

Apologizes if I wasn’t clear on the intent! To be blunt, to many people live near WDW now that if they kept the prices the same, Disney would probably lose money as the park would have more people who only pay a couple thousand for a whole year.

There is a huge market now in Central Florida (just via the shear amount of people moving here), so Disney can drastically raise the AP price and statistically some of them will pay the high prices. Im the first one to acknowledge Florida is not where the money is! Hopefully that clears it up? I agree with what your last statement,
I have said this in similar threads and I will say it here too. Before the pandemic, we had the Platinum AP, no blackouts, has hopping, go whenever you feel like.

I predict WDW will come out with a new AP, that requires reservations and has blackouts, no hopping and will price it at what we used to pay for the platinum pass and DOUBLE the price of the platinum pass (no reservations, no blackouts, with park hopping)

ElvisMickey

I have said this in similar threads and I will say it here too. Before the pandemic, we had the Platinum AP, no blackouts, has hopping, go whenever you feel like.

I predict WDW will come out with a new AP, that requires reservations and has blackouts, no hopping and will price it at what we used to pay for the platinum pass and DOUBLE the price of the platinum pass (no reservations, no blackouts, with park hopping)
Mine was about to expire next week so I renewed yesterday. I currently have the Platinum and totally forgot that they stopped offering those for the moment. So the highest tier I could go was Gold, which honestly, was no biggie. A little cheaper with a few blackout dates and no water parks. I really wasn't going to the water parks all that much anyway and I rarely go during the crazy busy times, so it probably works out better for me.

Disstevefan1

Mine was about to expire next week so I renewed yesterday. I currently have the Platinum and totally forgot that they stopped offering those for the moment. So the highest tier I could go was Gold, which honestly, was no biggie. A little cheaper with a few blackout dates and no water parks. I really wasn't going to the water parks all that much anyway and I rarely go during the crazy busy times, so it probably works out better for
I cancelled my Platinum APs due to the pandemic and had no intention to get new APs until all COVID restrictions are gone. I had no idea the Platinum was gone for now. We will see what offerings will exist after the pandemic is gone.

DisneyTransport

I cancelled my Platinum APs due to the pandemic and had no intention to get new APs until all COVID restrictions are gone. I had no idea the Platinum was gone for now. We will see what offerings will exist after the pandemic is gone.
Platinum was the best since it was the only one that had free rounds of golf included!

Trackmaster

Because you think there’s a ton of locals and US-based guests out there to willing to both travel and shell out full price for just over half the normal park experience?

If Disney eliminated APs altogether (or even if they didn't it wouldn't really change what I'm about to say) they could adjust the single day or multi day prices accordingly to get the desired crowd levels that they wanted while maximizing profit. It doesn't matter what demand while be. They could play around with the prices, do some trial and error, or use advanced analytics and data mining to set the prices. Since Disney is a publicly traded multi-billion dollar corporation, you can imagine that they're not leaving this to chance, and they're hiring some smart guys who know the industry and analytics to set their prices to where they need to be.

I see Disney as having some elasticity, even though it may not have seemed like it previously. I think that Disney has regained its elasticity at this point, and now people will consider prices. Previously, it didn't matter if it was $1, you wouldn't getting many tourists to come down here. I think at this point those days are gone, and its negotiable again. $100 may seem high in the middle of a major pandemic, but arguably those who are super strict and worried aren't leaving the house for anything -- those who think that the virus is a joke and a hoax are going to pay prices that are close to what they were paying before. I'm the middle of those extremes, but I think I'm somewhat rare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom