When do you receive Magic Bands?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I haven't stayed at a Disney-owned property since Magic Bands came into existence. I'm curious, do the bands get mailed to you ahead of time, or do you just receive them upon check-in? Also, I know they are free, but does that include any style band, or just the most basic solid color ones?

Thanks for the help!

Tom

Beta Return
After the 30-day customization cutoff, they will begin processing the order. When they ship, it will say so next to the Magic Bands when you log into your MDE account. They used to provide the tracking number as well, but that was a year ago.

DisneyGigi

After the 30-day customization cutoff, they will begin processing the order. When they ship, it will say so next to the Magic Bands when you log into your MDE account. They used to provide the tracking number as well, but that was a year ago.
They do still provide a tracking number in MDE once it has shipped. We had ours in hand 23 days out just a week and half so ago. They shipped regular USPS mail.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Thanks so much to all of you for your responses!

If I may follow up, though, what do you mean when you talk about customization? Does everyone in my family get to select the particular color they want? What if you want a band that has a character or some other design on it? And when and how do we all select exactly what we want?

Thanks again for all your advice, and please pardon my ignorance on the matter.

HolleBolleGijs

Thanks so much to all of you for your responses!

If I may follow up, though, what do you mean when you talk about customization? Does everyone in my family get to select the particular color they want? What if you want a band that has a character or some other design on it? And when and how do we all select exactly what we want?

Thanks again for all your advice, and please pardon my ignorance on the matter.

Once you book, you can log on to My Disney Experience (click "MagicBands and Cards") and choose the color/name of each MagicBand (yes, everyone gets to pick). You can only choose from a set of solid colors, and the name that you choose can be up to 9 characters (the name can be anything you'd like, doesn't have to match the booking and doesn't affect anything else).

If you want a band with a character/design, you have to purchase that separately (there's a limited selection online at disneystore.com but you'll have the biggest selection once you actually get to the park) and then link it to your account (make sure it's linked to the right person though, whoever will actually be using it).

This is what the customization page looks like:
capture2.JPG

FrostyNaples

Ours have arrived anywhere from 1-3 weeks in advance of the trip. They have also shipped from locations out of state to in state (FL resident).

Haven't picked up a pattern yet, they get here when they get here :D:cool:

Disnee4Me

Ours have arrived anywhere from 1-3 weeks in advance of the trip. They have also shipped from locations out of state to in state (FL resident).

Haven't picked up a pattern yet, they get here when they get here :D:cool:
how do you pick a pattern? I've seen photos with Mickey, Figment, etc but don't know how you get those instead of a plain band.

HolleBolleGijs

how do you pick a pattern? I've seen photos with Mickey, Figment, etc but don't know how you get those instead of a plain band.

You have to buy them either online disneystore.com (limited selection) or at WDW. For the complimentary band you get with a resort reservation, you can only choose from a handful of solid colors.

Disnee4Me

You have to buy them either online disneystore.com (limited selection) or at WDW. For the complimentary band you get with a resort reservation, you can only choose from a handful of solid colors.
and if you buy at the Disney Store ... how do you link to your reservations?

HolleBolleGijs

and if you buy at the Disney Store ... how do you link to your reservations?

There should be a unique code on the inside of the band. Once purchased, log onto MDE, go to "MagicBands and Cards," scroll to the bottom, and click "link." Then click "MagicBand," and follow the instructions from there! When you go through the process online, there's a little diagram that shows you exactly where the code is on the band.

If you buy a band at WDW, the CM should be able to link it when you make the purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom