When Do You Justify A Long Wait Line?

Disney05

30 minutes would be our max. Though I've been on 30 minute waits that in reality was only about 10 minutes. And yes, Pamela Anderson would be nice to wait next to.

bgraham34

I will wait nor more than 40 minutes for Soarin if I have a fastpass for another attraction. Other than that 30 mins is really pushing it for me.

kimmychad

I agree with most people, we utilize fastpas when its necessary, and if they're out of fastpasses, we have not ridden a ride during that trip. we missed soarin' before due to the line being 120 minutes or something crazy like that.

captainkidd

It always amazes me to see people waiting in line for 60 minutes for Peter Pan or Winnie The Pooh. Such a waste. Either use fastpass or get to the Magic Kingdom 1st thing in the morning.

Of course there are those that are only there for the day and can't help it, but there's no doubt, MANY people have no clue how Fastpass works and how to use a touring plan. I suppose that's good for the rest of us though.

kimmychad

It always amazes me to see people waiting in line for 60 minutes for Peter Pan or Winnie The Pooh. Such a waste. Either use fastpass or get to the Magic Kingdom 1st thing in the morning.

Of course there are those that are only there for the day and can't help it, but there's no doubt, MANY people have no clue how Fastpass works and how to use a touring plan. I suppose that's good for the rest of us though.

friends of my wife and me have told us how miserable of a time they had in disney, when they got to the park at 12 they couldn't ride anything! when she told them you can make breakfast reservations and get into most parks before they open they were shocked.

but it all goes back to planning, some people just don't like to, so they blame the disney dining plan or the fastpass system to make themselves feel better.

The only time I was ever okay with waiting more than 30 minutes was for Soarin'. I got there right as the park opened with my family, but my aunt had to stay behind at the resort and by the time she met up with us, the line was 50 minutes or so. I loved it and wanted her to experience it (and not by herself!) so I decided to wait with her while the rest of my family did something else that I had probably already done five thousand times. So I think the only time I would do it is if I know that the other person I'm waiting with would really love the ride and hasn't been on it yet, I think the wait is worth it to see how much they enjoy it.

captainkidd

friends of my wife and me have told us how miserable of a time they had in disney, when they got to the park at 12 they couldn't ride anything! when she told them you can make breakfast reservations and get into most parks before they open they were shocked.

but it all goes back to planning, some people just don't like to, so they blame the disney dining plan or the fastpass system to make themselves feel better.

I've heard that type of thing so many times. I try and tell people, and they just never listen.

I'd like to think I'm a very good planner when it comes to Disney. I think I set ourselves up pretty well, but I accept that no matter how well you plan, there are going to be times when you want to do something, you won't be able to. Like for me, it's not a question of whether or not we'll get to ride Space Mountain. It's a question of how many times. And not to sound conceeded, but if I can't ride 3-5 times in a day, I feel as though I haven't planned well enough. For some, getting to ride it once a day is an accomplishment.

Boray

I'd like to think I'm a very good planner when it comes to Disney. I think I set ourselves up pretty well, but I accept that no matter how well you plan, there are going to be times when you want to do something, you won't be able to. Like for me, it's not a question of whether or not we'll get to ride Space Mountain. It's a question of how many times. And not to sound conceeded, but if I can't ride 3-5 times in a day, I feel as though I haven't planned well enough. For some, getting to ride it once a day is an accomplishment.

Me too. I feel that I know the parks well enough that if I don't ride the attractions that I like most at each park, multiple times, I either made an error in my planning, or there are FAR more people at the park than I expected. The latter was the case on Sat. Oct. 25. We only got on Pirates and the HM once during the day, and we waited close to 30 min for Pirates (I have never waited more than 15 min for that!!!) I was shocked that there were so many people. Other than the unexpected attendance bump, there is really no reason to wait more than 30 min for any attraction. I figure that this vacation is worth the planning. Most people pay a LOT of money for this trip, it's certainly worth the time to make the most of it.

kimmychad

I've heard that type of thing so many times. I try and tell people, and they just never listen.

it's whatever is important to you. you can most certainly have my spot on space mountain, I think i've ridden it twice in 7 visits.

WDW 3

Toy Story Mania

We were just there last month and I will admit to waiting 60 min (that was the shortest wait time we saw and we walked by many times) for TSM. The fast passes were gone for the day so it was wait or miss the only new attraction at Hollywood Studios!

Dragonrider1227

When it's a big ride like POTC or Everest, I could see waiting just a little over 30 minutes because those lines give you something to look at and are part of the overall ride experience. I wouldn't wait more than ten minutes on something small like Peter Pan or Snow White

epop

In our last visit to Epcot we wanted to do Soarin, but we got to the park late and as usual fast passes were gone for the day. We really didn't want to do the 70 minute wait so we moved on to other things.

Later that night after we had knocked out most of our to-do list, we had about an hour until Illuminations, so we went back to Soarin and the time was down to 50 minutes. It only took 30.

I'm guessing here, but I think the majority of people who got a 8-9pm FastPass came back right at 8, so we didn't have FastPasses coming through.
We tried the same thing the next night with Splash and found the same results.

Susan Savia

I think 30 minutes is long enough. If an attraction has a long wait, we just pass it by and catch it later in the day or another day of our visit. If its something new, like Toy Story Mania, then I would consider a longer wait time to try it out, knowing I might not get to again this trip with the lines real long.

Vernonpush

Since you will be there Dec. 13 -17, your longer waits will be on the 13th. According to Touring Plans (dot) com, the 13th is a 6 (on a scale of 1 emptyish to 10 jampacked).

Sat, 13 Dec '08 6 MK DS
Sun, 14 Dec '08 4 AK MK DS
Mon, 15 Dec '08 4 DS MK EP AK
Tue, 16 Dec '08 3 DS EP AK
Wed, 17 Dec '08 3 MK DS AK
(least crowded)
(most crowded)

b94ronman

I've been lucky to have gone there many times for radio-broadcasts and have CM's give advice on do's and don't's. Plan ahead is my advice - I always go off season, and even then - I never go to MK on a saturday - I use that day to go to slower parks like AK and usually do DHS on sunday - then maybe to MK for the Night. I will not wait more than 20 min for a ride - the secret to Pooh and Peter Pan is fastpass - even off season their lines can hit 45 min - most others in the park are about 10, get a fast pass then go ride something else like small world or Philharmagic - by that time you'll be able get a 2nd fastpass - at that point go ride Pooh and Peter Pan - once u learn the landscape of the parks, it's pretty easy to avoid long waits. I was there for 10 days last month and found the only ride line that was long was Toy Story Mania - 80 minutes at some point,s down to 30 at others - so I skipped it knowing I'll be back within a year to ride it and the wait will be alot less.

kimmychad

We were just there last month and I will admit to waiting 60 min (that was the shortest wait time we saw and we walked by many times) for TSM. The fast passes were gone for the day so it was wait or miss the only new attraction at Hollywood Studios!

I know what you're saying, we noticed the lines for TSM when we were there in sept and they were out of fastpasses, hopefully we'll finally get to ride it in dec.

WDW 3

I know what you're saying, we noticed the lines for TSM when we were there in sept and they were out of fastpasses, hopefully we'll finally get to ride it in dec.
Exactly. We only go once every two years so we (had to, wanted to,) were willing to wait. Walked by during evening EMH, during Fantasmic and the wait time was still high, sigh. On other rides we found that when the wait times were high it must have scared people off, because the wait time was not nearly what they had posted. ToT said 40 min and we walked right on, a couple times in a row until they posted the correct wait times and people started lining up again:)

bluefaery

I was in Epcot back in Feb and I got a FP for Soarin'. My return time was about 2 hrs after I got the FP so I had a lot of time to kill. I went and waited in line for 1hr at the character spot. I know some of you are thinking OMG 1 hr just to meet characters but the way I look at it is 1. it had a/c and 2. I had time to kill. That is the only time I can justify waiting in line over 30 minutes. Plus I was by myself.

hpyhnt 1000

We have a limit of 45 minutes for any attraction. Anything over that is just too long. As far as a justification, we will wait if its a) a favorite thats just been refurbed (SSE), or b) a completely new attraction (EE). Even then, we will only wait if we aren't sure when we'll be coming back. If we know we'll be at the parks in the next month or two, we'll wait til then. :)

heliumalias

I travel halfway around the world to visit WDW and my general viewpoint is that if you're not prepared to do some queuing then don't bother going. That being said I've generally done everything enough times that it doesn't matter whether I can't do certain things on a particular trip. Fantasmic is one thing that I'm always prepared to wait for but others I travel with aren't so we plan the day to minimise the wait. Last time I went I noticed that the best plan seemed to be avoiding the EHM completely ad always being there 30mins before park opening. The WDW buses were completely empty on the morning of AK's 10th anniversary because it hadn't been advertised and everyone was going to Epcot's EMH. Silly, silly people :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom