When do you arrive?

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
What do you find is typically a good day to arrive in WDW? (And before I get the obvious "ANY DAY!!!" kind of answers, I'm assuming most of you arrive on a Saturday or Sunday). My trip this coming September will likely begin on a Monday and I was just wondering how good a day that is as far as park attendance (for any of them).

Dayma

We are arriving the 10th of may which is a saturday but I have found that sometimes it is VERY hard to predict crowds. We usually just take the more resonable air fair and go from there...

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We usally arrive on a Monday or Tuesday. This year will be a Monday. We take the weekend to drive down, and we always take two weeks off, so we're in no rush to get home afterwards.

Also, it gives us the whole week to get in things we have to see or do. The weekends tend to be more crowded (MK being the worst), and we find we don't mind the crowds on the weekends if we've already done the rides/shows eariler in the week.

Have fun!

ToTBellHop

Since we always stay for about a week, we always make it a point to arrive and leave on weekends because there tend to be more fireworks on the weekends--and I, personally, like seeing crowds in the parks...it's depressing to me when the parks are empty.

GalacticGobbler

We usually arrive on Thursday and leave a week from the next sunday. Air travel obviously. We stay somewhere cheap on the first night and then check in at the Disney property.

TacoExistential

We usually arrive on a Sunday, although this year we will be arriving late Saturday night.

I think we like the feeling of the weekend ending, and instead of jumping back into the daily grind, we spend the week at the greatest place on Earth, WDW. :D

jaimjaim25

I've been to DW about 12 times. And in May, this will be the first time I'm driving there without my parents :) So driving from Jersey will take like 19 hours and we are driving straight through, getting there (Port Orleans RS) at like 10pm, so I think we're going to go right to sleep! Usually we get there mid-day and we always explore the hotels the first day, since it's not worth buying a full day ticket for 1/2 a day.. 4 more weeks until we go! YAY!

amanda

we usually try to go and come back in the middle of the week, but a lot of times we will go on a fri. and come back on a mon., that way we dont get stuck w/ all those other people who are leaving on the weekend

surfsupdon

We arrive midweek, like a thurs, then stay for a full week, plus an extra weekend, and leave on the next mon or tues...instead of the generic sat--sat

wealso arrive in the dead of night...usually anytime from 11pm--330am.

Sir Hiss527

Monday's are the most crowded days, because people like to start there vacation on that day. I would say Fridays,and the weekends are the least crowdless. MAYBE, SOMETIMES.:lol:

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

kaliriverrider

I lived in Orlando for two years and we always went on sundays as all the parks were fairly empty. A lot of people travel on weekends and go to WDW during weekdays. All bets are off during holidays of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom