When do Universal/IOA tickets expire?

Mikester71

Original Poster
We bought one unlimited 7 day/2 park ticket for Universal Studios/IOA last fall when we were planning our trip to Florida for this past March. After thinking about it a bit, we decided we didn't want to go to Universal after all and just spend the whole 10 days down there at WDW. So I hung on to the ticket and figured I would try to sell it to someone online.

After returning from our Florida trip at the end of March, I got thinking that maybe the ticket would be no good after a certain amount of time. So I went into my CAA office here in town where we book our WDW trips and where I purchased the Universal ticket and asked the lady how long they were good for. She told me that the ticket would be good until it was scanned at one of the parks for the first time, after which time it would expire in 7 days.

I wasn't really confident with her answer though after seeing people on here talk about buying them WITH the no expiry option. Is this something that you have to request or do all their park tickets automatically come with this option? My main concern, is this ticket I am holding still valid if I do finally find someone to take it off my hands or if I decide to hold on to it and use it for our trip down there in March 2011??:shrug:

timeman

Unless the ticket has an expiration date printed on it then it is good until you use it. The tickets that have an expiration date on them are usually the tickets you get when you view a timeshare.

Universal doesn't offer a no expiration ticket. I think you are confusing Disney tickets and Universal tickets as Disney does offer a no expiration option where you can pay extra and your days don't expire till you use them all otherwise Disney tickets expire 14 days from from first use without that option.

Your Universal ticket will expire 7 days from first use once you use it, but there is no expiration date from when you buy it till you use it. That means the ticket you bought last year is good until you use it even if you don't use it for another 10 years.

Mikester71

Original Poster
Unless the ticket has an expiration date printed on it then it is good until you use it. The tickets that have an expiration date on them are usually the tickets you get when you view a timeshare.

Universal doesn't offer a no expiration ticket. I think you are confusing Disney tickets and Universal tickets as Disney does offer a no expiration option where you can pay extra and your days don't expire till you use them all otherwise Disney tickets expire 14 days from from first use without that option.

Your Universal ticket will expire 7 days from first use once you use it, but there is no expiration date from when you buy it till you use it. That means the ticket you bought last year is good until you use it even if you don't use it for another 10 years.

Thanks timeman...that is what I was hoping to hear! I knew about the Disney no expiry option, but read a post on these forums on the weekend where someone was talking about Universal tickets expiring. That is when I got worried!

kcnole

Correct the ticket is good until you use it. The no expiration option you're referring to is probably Disney's option. Its still the same idea, that a ticket will not expire until first use and then its generally good for a set amount of time. So you could buy a 3 day ticket and have 7 days from first use to use all three days, or you could add the no expiration option and the days would never expire until you used them.

The only tickets I've seen from Universal that do expire are their promotional ones. I've learned from experience, unfortunately, that they will.

Mikester71

Original Poster
Correct the ticket is good until you use it. The no expiration option you're referring to is probably Disney's option. Its still the same idea, that a ticket will not expire until first use and then its generally good for a set amount of time. So you could buy a 3 day ticket and have 7 days from first use to use all three days, or you could add the no expiration option and the days would never expire until you used them.

The only tickets I've seen from Universal that do expire are their promotional ones. I've learned from experience, unfortunately, that they will.

Good to know...thanks kcnole! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom