When do typical Room Only discounts happen?

I know there are some in the summer - 25% off Deluxe Resorts - but is August through October the only time it's 40% off Deluxe Resorts? Or is it other times as well?

GOT2SAMMIES

Fl resident discounts

Has anybody heard of any florida resident room only discount rates for November (wk 8-13). I am booking a package for my family( with my pin code I get free dining) but my mom and nanny are Florida residents and they are only going to stay a few days with us. One room would be tight plus my hubby will snore them to the moon. To make us all comfortable I was going to book them a room but I don;t want to pay any more than I have to (this will be our last trip I think for a while:(). I think a 2 bd suite will be more than two rooms at a moderate (which is where I am leaning to stay). :wave:

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
Haven't heard of any yet - here or at Mousesavers - so I'm not sure if they will even come out. But consider two rooms at Pop - you don't share busses, you still have two rooms, two bathrooms, 4 beds, etc. and you won't break the bank. Just thought :)

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

Haven't heard of any yet - here or at Mousesavers - so I'm not sure if they will even come out. But consider two rooms at Pop - you don't share busses, you still have two rooms, two bathrooms, 4 beds, etc. and you won't break the bank. Just thought :)

Thanks! Yeah I need to sit down and work the numbers with value with qs (plus cost to upgrade to TS) vs moderate with ts. :wave:

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
So funny - we did EXACTLY that for our trip coming up (5 DAYS!). They say it costs $10 per day to upgrade, but with taxes it's $15 (14.99) per day per person. So for our group of 6, staying for 11 nights, that was: $990 total for 1 QS, 1 TS and 1 Snack per day per person, or $165 per person for the cost of food. When comparing Pop to a Moderate in price only:
$82-92 per night x 11 Nights = $1053 x 2 (we got two rooms) = $2106
$159-169 per night x 11 Nights = $1878 x 2 = $3756

$3756 - $2106 = $1650 (Difference in Rooms)
$1650 - $990 (for food cost) = $660 Total Difference between value and mod.

So what all that meant was we saved $660 staying at Pop, while still upgrading to the Dining Plan. So if a Moderate is worth an extra $660 dollars to you, that's the way you might want to go. :) Hope that helped a little!

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

So funny - we did EXACTLY that for our trip coming up (5 DAYS!). They say it costs $10 per day to upgrade, but with taxes it's $15 (14.99) per day per person. So for our group of 6, staying for 11 nights, that was: $990 total for 1 QS, 1 TS and 1 Snack per day per person, or $165 per person for the cost of food. When comparing Pop to a Moderate in price only:
$82-92 per night x 11 Nights = $1053 x 2 (we got two rooms) = $2106
$159-169 per night x 11 Nights = $1878 x 2 = $3756

$3756 - $2106 = $1650 (Difference in Rooms)
$1650 - $990 (for food cost) = $660 Total Difference between value and mod.

So what all that meant was we saved $660 staying at Pop, while still upgrading to the Dining Plan. So if a Moderate is worth an extra $660 dollars to you, that's the way you might want to go. :) Hope that helped a little!

wow! That is fantastic! I am leaning towards two rooms at the value with the upgrade... I think you did the work for me:) I would save about $400 with two rooms at the pop with upgrade
$92x5=460x2=920 rooms
15x5=75x5=375 upgrade dining
920+375=1295
$170x5=850x2=1700

of course this without tickets!
thanks again!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
wow! That is fantastic! I am leaning towards two rooms at the value with the upgrade... I think you did the work for me:) I would save about $400 with two rooms at the pop with upgrade
$92x5=460x2=920 rooms
15x5=75x5=375 upgrade dining
920+375=1295
$170x5=850x2=1700

of course this without tickets!
thanks again!:sohappy:

You are MORE than welcome! :wave: I just knew how long it took us to sort everything out, PLUS we had the added difficulty of trying to figure out which was a better deal: Buying the Disney "Package" including Free Dining, or buying the "room only" and using a AAA discount, paying cash for dining. As math is WAY above my head, I left it to my father, the engineer. There were spreadsheets and phone calls and so many numbers, it made my ears bleed.

Yes - and then there was adding tickets as well. But I'm glad this will work for you and save you some money - hope you have an absolute blast!!!! :animwink:

Upvote 0
room only discounts.....

I got 40% discount on deluxe room in July........Waiting patiently for annual pass discount for oct 14th -28th.......I don't understand why the rates for 2011 are posted, but the A/P Rates for Oct ..are a BIG Secret!!!!!!..Any thoughts on this??????? :veryconfu???????

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom