When do they close an attraction line?

Palenque

If you were to get in line to ride Test Track at 6:30 pm and
Future World closes at 7 pm, at what point do they not accept
any more people to ride an attraction? Or do they turn people away at 7 pm that have already waited in line?:sohappy:

TURKEY

Test Track has been staying open until 9 pm with Spaceship Earth and a couple of other places. So if that is what you are worried about, you have a couple more hours.

I really don't know at what time a ride closes its line. I would imagine that it has to do with length of ride, number of passengers, etc.

Upvote 0

disneyreports

Attractions, such as Test Track, will close off its line when the attraction closes... For example, Test Track closes @ 9:00 pm, the line closes @ 9:00 pm... Anyone in line will get the chance to ride the attraction... Hope that helps...

Upvote 0

disneyreports

Just a word of advice though... If the attraction closes @ 9:00 pm , they meand 9:00 pm... For some reason there are lots of people out there that transulate 9:00 pm into 9:10 pm, or even 9:15 pm... I have seen so many guests run up to a closed attraction and start screaming at the cast members because the attraction is closed... It's not the cast members fault the guests can't read a watch...

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

Originally posted by disneyreports
Attractions, such as Test Track, will close off its line when the attraction closes... For example, Test Track closes @ 9:00 pm, the line closes @ 9:00 pm... Anyone in line will get the chance to ride the attraction... Hope that helps...

Good info, thanks disneyreports. Glad to see Disney does that at WDW, which I think provides maximum benefit to the guests.

Upvote 0

mburk

Sort of on this same subject, how late do they let you into a restaurant? For example, if MK if closes at 7:00PM (no fireworks) can you sit down to start dinner at 7:00PM? Do you then get to stroll out of the now-closed park when you finish around 8:00pm? If so, that sounds like a cool thing to try sometime. And how much wandering could you do? I imagine you would get politely hustled toward the gates.

Upvote 0

Fossil

I remember one time when i was at MGM my family and me were literally the last people in the park. We were shopping at the main store next to the entrance. I noticed we were the only people in the store so i look outside and they are waiting for us to close the gates. The security was standing in a line so that no one will cross into the rest of the park. Our car was the only one in the parking lot. Before we left the shop Disney security asked us if our car is parked far, so if it was they will take us there (The wonderful people of Disney) but luckily the car was next to the entrance. It was cool!:hammer:

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

we were in Epcot May 21st

and could only get a reservation for 9:15 p.m. at San Angel Inn, and about 8:15 p.m. We wandered over to Test Track and got onto the end of a long line but emerged (great ride!) with just enough time to run over to Mexico and make our dinner reservation. We ate leisurely and left San Angel around 10:45 p.m. There were still lots of people but definately more sparse. It was nice seeing the park empty and everything looked very romantic all lit up.

Upvote 0

Palenque

Original Poster
Future World in Epcot is closing at 7 PM currently. Is Test
Track and Spaceship Earth open later than 7 pm even if
Future World is closed?

I like to visit Epcot in the evening
after the other parks. Future World is beautiful at night,
but you can't see the World showcase very well.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

You are correct Future World does close at 7pm. However Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Honey I Shrunk The Auidence remain open until 9pm.

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Fossil
I remember one time when i was at MGM my family and me were literally the last people in the park. We were shopping at the main store next to the entrance. I noticed we were the only people in the store so i look outside and they are waiting for us to close the gates. The security was standing in a line so that no one will cross into the rest of the park. Our car was the only one in the parking lot. Before we left the shop Disney security asked us if our car is parked far, so if it was they will take us there (The wonderful people of Disney) but luckily the car was next to the entrance. It was cool!:hammer:

Pretty nifty. That's definitely a once in a lifetime thing. Disney should have given you some kinda "Last Guest in the Park" award. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

all_good_chic

sorry this is another of those i remember stories but i really want to share it.... Mk was a few minutes away from closing and we had already ridden space mountain 3 times but we ran to get back on for the last time. My three freinds and i were greated by a cast member waiting at the entrance and were told we were the last guests to ride and to tell the CM's inside. SO anywho we get on the ride and three other cast members get on with us all in there early twenties. here come the suprising part... DUN DUN DUN my friend swears on her life that the cast member at the back of the train lit a cigarette right in front of her. BUt the guys were really nice and we didn't think anything of it. A bit strange don't ya think?

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Strange thing...

We bicker about this with management all of the time, but when they say "Future World" closes at 7pm, they are referring to only 4 pavillions.

The Land
The Living Seas
The Wonders of Life
The Universe of Energy

While the remainder of Future World stays open:

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Imagination (both attractions)
Innoventions
Mouse Gear
Electric Umbrella

So, considering the size of the "exception" list, why not jsut say that the other four close early and not refer to them as "Future World?"

Just curious.. never did understand that.

As for the attractions...

When 7pm is listed, the line is closed at that time. The "shows" run on cycles which time them to shut their doors within a minute or two of 7pm.

Wonders of Life is vacant by 7:30. Energy is abandoned by 7:45. A hint for those of you who think you can "sneak" in.(Shoving the doors open, taking down ropes, knocking over trashcans used to barricade the doors.. Seriously people.. jeeze..) We don't appreciated it and will call Security.

Attractions require CMs. CMs have lives and families and want to go home when their shift is over. Their shifts coincide with the scheduled park times.

Because you didn't plan anything in advance and still want to see everything does not mean I'm not going home when my shift is over. It means you're not going to see my attraction today.

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneyreports

Here's what I don't understand... A rope is up, trash cans in front of the rope and for some strange reason this apparently "invites" the guest to push aside the trash cans and duck under the rope to walk down a path that has already been cleared... The IQ of these guests must be off the charts, which way I will not comment about...

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by disneyreports
Here's what I don't understand... A rope is up, trash cans in front of the rope and for some strange reason this apparently "invites" the guest to push aside the trash cans and duck under the rope to walk down a path that has already been cleared... The IQ of these guests must be off the charts, which way I will not comment about...
These people are the same ones that have to touch the bench, just to see if the 'WET PAINT' sign is accurate.

Upvote 0

Parker

Sort of on this same subject, how late do they let you into a restaurant? For example, if MK if closes at 7:00PM (no fireworks) can you sit down to start dinner at 7:00PM? Do you then get to stroll out of the now-closed park when you finish around 8:00pm? If so, that sounds like a cool thing to try sometime. And how much wandering could you do? I imagine you would get politely hustled toward the gates.

Once when we were there for just a day, plans developed to meet some friends at Flying Fish after Illuminations. We explained the situation to a CM and she allowed us to come back (before 11pm) and walk through the closed World Showcase and Future World to get to our car.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom