When do Magic Bands ship?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It has been random for me. One time I got them over 2 weeks before my trip. This fall, I received them less than a week before my trip. Tracking information will be available when they ship.

Tom

Beta Return
We are 45 days out from our trip and was curious as to when we could expect them in the mail?

The site will continue to remind you to customize them until the 30-day mark. At 30 days, you will see the status changed to "Processing" or something like that. Then you'll see them change to "Shipped" and there will be tracking numbers.

You'll get them 10-15 days before your trip.

HollyAD

Mine never shipped even though the wordage on the page was "will be shipping soon." We picked them up when we checked in. I had customized them long before the 30 day mark. Keep your eye on them when logging in.

Philharmagically

It depends if you are a domestic or international guest. I am from Australia, so I know that they won't ship and I'll have to pick it up upon arrival.

FrostyNaples

Mine never shipped even though the wordage on the page was "will be shipping soon." We picked them up when we checked in. I had customized them long before the 30 day mark. Keep your eye on them when logging in.

Our early summer visit, they shipped 2-3 days after customization date passed.

This time around, going on history, they should have shipped around Halloween, however, the status is still saying
"Your MagicBand order is being personalized. Check back soon for shipping details."

I wonder what the difference is, production issues/complications? Maybe the Thanksgiving week volume is slowing them down? We are arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

DisneyDreamer08

A related question- why do they ship your magic bands? If you're staying on property, wouldn't it make more sense to just pick them up at the desk when you check in? Less chance of them getting lost in the mail, less chance of the vacation goers forgetting them at home, saves on shipping etc. We got ours in the mail yesterday (we leave 11/29) and my husband wanted to know why they mailed them to us. I really have no idea.

PAW PAW 70

It may have something to do with room to store them for all the check-in's that day. When you arrive at check in they are already activated.

Rob562

Huh. I had no idea you needed them for the DME. So we should have them in our carry on? Or already be wearing them?

The paperwork that comes with the Bands suggests bringing them in your carryon luggage. It streamlines the DME checkin process. I just kept all of ours in my backpack with one in an outside pocket so that I could grab it when we got to MCO.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
The paperwork that comes with the Bands suggests bringing them in your carryon luggage. It streamlines the DME checkin process. I just kept all of ours in my backpack with one in an outside pocket so that I could grab it when we got to MCO.

-Rob

Right, and you only need one band to check everyone in at DME. I carried one for each of us, and packed the rest.

The band's made the DME process incredibly smooth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom