When do Christmas decorations and special holiday characters start to go up?

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
I'm going to be down in WDW for my honeymoon October 28-Nov 4 and I was wondering if we would see any Christmas stuff. I know that they decorate early, and my fiance would love to see Scrooge . I'm hopeful we'll see some of it.

nickys

Premium Member
The parks will start changing over once the last MNSSHP is over. MK will be first, so it's done by the time of the First MVMCP party night. For the first time this year, the Candlelight Processional is starting at Thanksgiving, so I think all the parks will be done by then.

The resorts will be done once the parks are finished, and I believe there is a different order that they are done in each year. But they should all be done by early December, and possibly by Thanksgiving.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm going to be down in WDW for my honeymoon October 28-Nov 4 and I was wondering if we would see any Christmas stuff. I know that they decorate early, and my fiance would love to see Scrooge . I'm hopeful we'll see some of it.
You'll likely see some decor, but not the special entertainment. That will begin Nov 8.

Raineman

Last fall, we were at WDW, and we went to MNSSHP on Halloween night. Two days later they were starting the 3 day filming of the Disney Christmas Special at DHS, DAK and MK, and MK was fully decked out in Christmas decorations. It was cool, but a bit weird at first-being Canadian, seeing Christmas decorations while it was hot and sunny was slightly confusing. :D

SJH'72

Last fall, we were at WDW, and we went to MNSSHP on Halloween night. Two days later they were starting the 3 day filming of the Disney Christmas Special at DHS, DAK and MK, and MK was fully decked out in Christmas decorations. It was cool, but a bit weird at first-being Canadian, seeing Christmas decorations while it was hot and sunny was slightly confusing. :D

Yes, we were there when they were filming too. Our last day in the parks was 5th Nov and MK’s decs looked complete to me and think they started straight after the 31st. Other parks were slower and I don’t think we saw much Christmas stuff before we left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom