when did you realise you loved disney!

VeRTiGo91

It was easily the first time I walked into MK. I wasn't exposed to Disney related stuff growing up...but my kids ARE Disney 110%!!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I wish I could remember the exact date that my parents first took me to WDW, but I cannot. All I know for sure is that it was the early 70's right after the Magic Kingdom opened. I used to feel so excited whenever I saw the trees that lined I-4 as we got closer to WDW, and then to see the Arch welcoming me to WDW would make my heart race. My dad used to insist on taking my picture by the Indian statue on Main Street every time to see how much I'd grown!! I do believe that had a whole lot to do with feeling like Disney was my second home. I used to love the tickets you would get (A,B,C,D and E) to go on the rides. Darned if my dad didn't throw away our extra ones when they made the change and we didn't need them anymore :mad:

Anyway, Disney has just always been part of my life and of course I passed the love along to my kids, who have been going since before they could walk, and are now 20 and 24. My daughter turns 21 in Oct. and wants to go to Epcot for her birthday (Epcot is our favorite since the day it opened). She asked me if I thought it was weird that someone turning 21 would want to go to Disney World and not to a bar, and I said yeah, maybe a little unusual... and isn't it great!! :D

disneyfan1966

For me it was my first trip to MK with my DH and DD (age 4) while I was 7 months pregnant with my DS. The second, the VERY second, we got to Main Street proper and saw Cinderella's castle - that was it. I looked down at my DD and said "Oh baby, look!" She looked up at me and asked why mommy was crying, and I told her "Mommy just loves it here." I am crying just thinking about it. Wonderful memories, can't wait to get back for our 7th trip this Christmas.

LoriMistress

Well, when I first got into Disney was when I was two-years-old. My mom took me to see my first movie in the theaters. She took me to see Snow White (that was when Disney decided to re-release the movie back into theaters for the first time.) I was hooked then. And throughout my childhood my mom would take me to DLR, and we would watch The Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday religiously. We would also watch the TGIF's and would love it when each show would visit WDW.

Well, I first went to WDW when I was twenty-three. It was for DH and mine's honeymoon. Everything about WDW was just truely magical. It was the best vacation that we've ever had. And that's why we're planning our trip for December. We want to relive the magic.

WDWJenn

How I knew...

As a kid my parents took me to WDW at age 4, and DL at age 9. I had a copy of every movie on VHS. I even had my cherrished 5inch tall Mickey and Minne dolls, which have survived some 20 years hard play and sitting on shelves and in boxes. But I never really LOVED Disney. I appreciated the creativity and the art. I knew all the words to the movie themes. I watched the Little Mermaid so many times I had to retire the tape.
It took a crazy man inviting me on a trip to WDW three months after we met to show me what's really out there. This man has filled my head with all the wonderful trivia it can hold. 2005/2006 saw me falling in love with him as I fell in love with Disney. We visited WDW, then DL for HMH, and eventually back to WDW for an amazing surprise engagement.
For me, loving Disney is loving another piece of him. I can honestly say that I've found my place in the world because of him. :) That world just happens to be Walt Disney World.

Pocamahontas

When I was a few months away from graduating high school, and everyone was planning their lives, and informing me how important it was to grow up. Except for my boyfriend, who assured me that they're all very wrong. We both have clung to Disney since then...with the beautiful understanding that "all dreams come true." *sigh*Disney is really great.

He's not too bad either.:rolleyes:

Jesùs_Carioca

Since the last time i went to the Pirate and Princess party in January. Before that, i must've loved it, but i never really noticed how much it helped me?

It was the only thing that reminded me to not hold a dream back, or a magical moment, or just making others smile. With a little nudge by my girlfriend, who was there next to me on the road, more or less, and me doing the same nudging back at her... Disney was like a refuge this summer for us I guess? Everything halts around it...nothing else matters... and that's what we both enjoyed.

jmvd20

First time I was at WDW I was amazed by both MK and EPCOT, it has been a very expensive affair ever since...

jiminy.cricket

I don't remember. It was either when I was three or seven years old. I've always been crazy about the place for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, I used to plan detailed itineraries like a year in advance on weekends! Haha!

MacDuffieMuppet

3 months old!!:sohappy: :sohappy: I've spent like a quarter of my life there almost. And in 2 years i plan to do the cp and then the pi and leave new england for Disney. I've loved it ever since i could walk/talk/ pretty much breed. Disney is kinda in my blood now. Just the atmosphere. walking down main street whatching kids/teens/adults seeing mickey for the first time. The feelign that i cant really describe.

Ravenclaw87

I knew I loved Disney the moment I stepped foot inside the Magic Kingdom and looked up to see Cinderella's Castle when I was eight-years-old. I can remember losing my breath for a moment at the beauty of this place, and knowing, even then, that that particular moment was one I would remember for the rest of my life. I almost wish I had never been to Disney World just so I could experience that moment again.

But I fell in love with Disney on the last night of a 4-night Disney cruise. It was about midnight, and I had just said goodbye to some friends I had just made. I walked up to the top deck and just looked up at the stars and, instead of being sad, I was just completely thankful for the ability to have such a wonderful trip. I was sad to go, but more happy to have been there.

And *that's* the reason I want to do the CP. I want to make other people, of all ages, feel just like I felt at that moment.

Disneyfan1981

My wife is responsible for my love of Disney really....I used to go to Disneyland since I was two years old at least three times a year with friends and family until I was 13. After that in usual teenage fashion I was "Too Cool" for Disneyland and refused to go and my parents eventually just gave in when my little brother began to follow suit. When I began dating my wife she was a Disney fan beyond belief and wanted to go to DL with me for our first trip together, it was on that trip that I really felt like a 7 year old in a playhouse and it rekindled my love for the mouse. Since that trip my wife and I have visited Disneyland about 20 times together, WDW 5 times together since 2000, took our Honeymoon in WDW and are now Disney Vacation Club members....

KrazyKemp

I guess it was about a year ago when I realized that I LOVED Disney.

It was nearing summer time, and the only place I wanted to go was Disney World.

I have been to a Disney park every year for the past 4 years, and this year will be the only year that I will not be going...unless I suddenly run into some money!:king:

LouDisney

I have always loved Disney, since I was a little girl, everything and anything to do with Disney. So I KNEW I would love Disney World...I was right, like others have said, the moments my feet hit Main Street, I was hooked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom