When can I rebook for May '21

ELG13

We canceled our May trip this year in March and I didn't even think to rebook. Now I'm wanting to rebook but it says no new reservations are allowed and online it doesn't go past December. Is it even worth calling to try or are they just trying to deal with things day by day as they try to reopen?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
But do we know a time frame of when that may be? I kind figured right now they are just dealing with the ones that have but wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement.
When Disney opens the reservation system it will be announced on this site and all over social media. You won’t miss it.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Lol thanks y'all...I thought as much but I've been living under a rock lately 😂 I'm hoping that by the time next may comes around it will be business as usual for the parks.

Upvote 0

crawale

We canceled our May trip this year in March and I didn't even think to rebook. Now I'm wanting to rebook but it says no new reservations are allowed and online it doesn't go past December. Is it even worth calling to try or are they just trying to deal with things day by day as they try to reopen?
When they are taking bookings again you can call and even if the period does not show open you can book. I have done this lots of times. If there are any offers later you can call and they will change your reservation to get the offer.

Upvote 0

RScottyL

But do we know a time frame of when that may be? I kind figured right now they are just dealing with the ones that have but wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement.

Apparently, it normally occurs in the third week of June, so should be happening sometime soon, if they stay on schedule!

This has been a wild year, so not sure!

Upvote 0

yensid67

GO TO DISNEYWORLD.COM...

I read that they will be opening up reservations the end of June for January 2021 bookings...2020 is out for regular ticket holders...only AP and those who did not cancel!

My advice, book your trip beginning of July for 2021!

Also,
Read about the reservations needed PER PARK PER DAY!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
GO TO DISNEYWORLD.COM...

I read that they will be opening up reservations the end of June for January 2021 bookings...2020 is out for regular ticket holders...only AP and those who did not cancel!

My advice, book your trip beginning of July for 2021!

Also,
Read about the reservations needed PER PARK PER DAY!
2020 is not completely out. Disney said they will allow new 2020 reservations starting later this summer based on availablility.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
So now my question is this ..and it's probably dumb and I'm overthinking things....I want to book us a room for next year but I'm not sure what I should/can do. As an AP holder, would i be better off booking just my park days when I'm able to on the 26 then getting the room on the 28th? Or do I need to do them at the same time on the 28th?

Upvote 0

yensid67

IF you can book BOTH at the same time, I would book them. Ya just never know what next year will look like, so might as well book everything you can and then cancel or readjust as needed!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
IF you can book BOTH at the same time, I would book them. Ya just never know what next year will look like, so might as well book everything you can and then cancel or readjust as needed!
That's what I thought.... I guess I'm just not sure when that will be lol.

Upvote 0

yensid67

That's what I thought.... I guess I'm just not sure when that will be lol.
Here's what I found that might be helpful...

Introducing the Disney Park Pass System

Before you visit a park, you must make a reservation using this convenient online tool—now available for Guests with booked Disney Resort hotel stays. Check this page often for up-to-date details.
Booking Dates for Park Reservations

The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans.

• Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.

Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.

If you booked a vacation package, your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. To make a park reservation for a different date, be sure to modify your vacation package dates.

Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account

To get started, you’ll need valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account.
Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a park reservation.

Step 2: Create Your Party
When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.
Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.
Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.
Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.

Step 3: Select a Date and Park
Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
  • Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.

Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans
Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections.
Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.
Want to make another park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.
If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.
You’re All Set!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
So now my question is this ..and it's probably dumb and I'm overthinking things....I want to book us a room for next year but I'm not sure what I should/can do. As an AP holder, would i be better off booking just my park days when I'm able to on the 26 then getting the room on the 28th? Or do I need to do them at the same time on the 28th?
You can only book three days as an AP holder without an onsite reservation.

If you plan to be there for longer than that, wait and book on the 28th.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
You can only book three days as an AP holder without an onsite reservation.

If you plan to be there for longer than that, wait and book on the 28th.
Ok thanks! I guess it also depends on when I'll be able to book for May '21. Too many moving parts..I can't keep up😳

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom