When can an Hourly Internal Transfer happen?...

floridadisneygirl

Original Poster
I recently got a job in QSFB. Obviously I won't state the location. My problem is that I was so excited to work for the Disney company that I got ahead of myself. During the interview, the only open position was QSFB. Even though I was offered to be wait-listed for other positions, I just took what I was immediately offered. After recently starting the job, I realize that this is not what I wanted. I have an immense respect for the WDW company, but I have been in food and beverage for all of my life. I have also recently gotten to good points in my life after hard work, and I don't want the one negative aspect to be work. I have fairly bad anxiety, and unfortunately the work I am doing there only exacerbates it. I understand that all theme park jobs are stressful and anxiety inducing; however, it is food and bev. specifically that affects me. I have been told that after you three months of probation, you are eligible to transfer. After going through the Transfer Genie, I decided to apply to transfer for PhotoPass. For some reason, it says that I am pending, and to contact Casting to schedule an interview. I have yet to do so, but thought about it. I'm sure once I get on the phone and let them know I haven't reached 90 days yet, they will say I am not eligible yet. I guess I have two main questions here. The first is, are there any jobs or any ways I may be eligible to transfer before my 90 days are up? Also, if a transfer in the near future is not likely, will I be able to explain my situation to managers and quit on good terms? I would of course provide a two weeks notice. I would just like to leave on good terms so that I may work for the company again in the future. Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited:

ULPO46

Honestly that is a very hard decision to make. I know it sucks, but you will have to suck it up for now. You normally have to wait the 90 days, how ever if you can show your supervisors dedication you can ask for a transfer before or at the 60 day mark. I would just keep checking the Transfer Genie and the Disney Careers site for any new openings or position changes. Believe me I've been there! Just have patience and you will do well!!! Feel free to send me a DM through here if you have further questions and I don't mind further contacting you.

floridadisneygirl

Original Poster
Honestly that is a very hard decision to make. I know it sucks, but you will have to suck it up for now. You normally have to wait the 90 days, how ever if you can show your supervisors dedication you can ask for a transfer before or at the 60 day mark. I would just keep checking the Transfer Genie and the Disney Careers site for any new openings or position changes. Believe me I've been there! Just have patience and you will do well!!! Feel free to send me a DM through here if you have further questions and I don't mind further contacting you.

Hi there! Tried to send you a message but was unable to for some reason.

Amy1115

Hey!
I know how you feel I was in the exact same situation and it was miserable! I ended up talking to my supervisor and explaining the situation and unfortunately they wouldn’t let me transfer.... I did end up quitting, but because I went to leadership and explained what was going on, it was on good terms and I was able to reapply with no restrictions and was hired again with no problem! Good luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom