When are we getting new dining for HS? (New Dining Poll)

Which type of dining do you want the most?

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Star Wars Resort dining will be off limits to anyone not staying there. That‘ll be one hefty dining check. 😂
Well...that’s the “plan”

I think the idea there will be more added to Star Wars land in the current situation is not a high probability.

If any “additions”...I’d expect pop ups and repurposes of DT merchandise spots based on the streaming series - whatever those end up being

nickys

Premium Member
Well...that’s the “plan”

I think the idea there will be more added to Star Wars land in the current situation is not a high probability.

If any “additions”...I’d expect pop ups and repurposes of DT merchandise spots based on the streaming series - whatever those end up being

I don’t know if the planned TS at Galaxy’s Edge was going to be character dining or not. I guess it could have been like Oga’s, but maybe not with specific characters coming round to tables.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know if the planned TS at Galaxy’s Edge was going to be character dining or not. I guess it could have been like Oga’s, but maybe not with specific characters coming round to tables.
I’m sure it could be popular...but I think the non-descript theme approach they took would make any restaurant a potential problem.

They wouldn’t really know if it worked until they built it and opened. It could be tremendously popular with people like trader sams...or be completely tepid like skippers

Phonedave

While I believe that DHS does have a good amount of TS options, I would not mind seeing a movie themed restaurant, sort of like the GMR was.

Not anything OTT, but some dining rooms designed around classic movie scenes, and maybe somehow work the clip roll that was at the end of the GMR into the experience (but without being overbearing and obtrusive).

NiarrNDisney

They’ve been open for 30 years and haven’t felt the need prior...don’t see that happening now

Well that is your opinion. However I believe others in this post as well as the forums in general would agree that the Mouse has noticed with the recent additions to DHS that they need to add dining, up the quality and variety of food inside the park so it can compete along the lines of/with their other parks. For many years it has been said that if you are touring DHS and you are looking to dine CS/QS either deal with what's available otherwise your best bet was to leave and try the dining options at nearby resorts with the intention of coming back or to park hop to find better restaurants. I'm pretty sure that is not information the Mouse would want the public hearing as that takes business away from the park so therefore fixing the issue is the best option in alleviating the Guests experience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well that is your opinion. However I believe others in this post as well as the forums in general would agree that the Mouse has noticed with the recent additions to DHS that they need to add dining, up the quality and variety of food inside the park so it can compete along the lines of/with their other parks. For many years it has been said that if you are touring DHS and you are looking to dine CS/QS either deal with what's available otherwise your best bet was to leave and try the dining options at nearby resorts with the intention of coming back or to park hop to find better restaurants. I'm pretty sure that is not information the Mouse would want the public hearing as that takes business away from the park so therefore fixing the issue is the best option in alleviating the Guests experience.
Yes...for “many years”...since opening.

You stance has validity if there is a massive increase in attendance and they are unable to serve with current food options...do you know that to be the case?

Disney knows their numbers and invests or does not invest to drive those numbers...there’s no danger of anything “getting out” That is not designed that way.

NiarrNDisney

You stance has validity if there is a massive increase in attendance and they are unable to serve with current food options...do you know that to be the case?
Disney knows their numbers and invests or does not invest to drive those numbers...there’s no danger of anything “getting out” That is not designed that way.

Do you? In my past experiences of chatting with you I never heard you mention you work directly with the company. Therefore it sounds to me that you also speak from an opinion.

As for the "getting out" comment: That was information (opinion) many people shared (me included) with other Guests be it Family, friend, client, coworker etc. So I'm sure the Mouse would want to combat public opinion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you? In my past experiences of chatting with you I never heard you mention you work directly with the company. Therefore it sounds to me that you also speak from an opinion.

As for the "getting out" comment: That was information (opinion) many people shared (me included) with other Guests be it Family, friend, client, coworker etc. So I'm sure the Mouse would want to combat public opinion.
I once had a beautiful collection of name tags and pretty ID cards....

...I’m not doubting you have heard opinions you believe to indicate a consensus. I’m doubting that it would surprise Disney at all.

Mgm operates quite satisfactorily as a “feeder” park since it’s inception...providing a funnel into Epcot, kingdom and downtown Disney later in the days....
It appeared they were abandoning that concept when they announced the toy story and Star Wars Additions.

But after their choices to again lockoff the park footprint to significant further expansion and opening what are elaborate redos of the same capacity on portions of the studios/production facilities...I don’t think full day is really the goal at all.

There still isn’t enough there to command a day or multiple days...so more food options would probably just dilute the usage and increase the overhead.

NiarrNDisney

I once had a beautiful collection of name tags and pretty ID cards....

There still isn’t enough there to command a day or multiple days...so more food options would probably just dilute the usage and increase the overhead.

Good for you! I'd offer you a prize but you seem to have the motion of patting yourself on the back down.

Adding more dining options is already coming where DHS (MGM) needs improvement is in quality and variety. Going around the park the options seem banal and repetitious. Thankfully the new options have somewhat broken away from the bready pizzas and boring burgers offered at so many locations in and out of the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good for you! I'd offer you a prize but you seem to have the motion of patting yourself on the back down.

Adding more dining options is already coming where DHS (MGM) needs improvement is in quality and variety. Going around the park the options seem banal and repetitious. Thankfully the new options have somewhat broken away from the bready pizzas and boring burgers offered at so many locations in and out of the park.
Good for you!

You’re Stating what you think should happen as a statement of what will happen.

They’re building a toy story character thing...let me know what you’re “insiders” tell you else they’re building from stroller rental.

Good day.

NiarrNDisney

Good for you!

You’re Stating what you think should happen as a statement of what will happen.

They’re building a toy story character thing...let me know what you’re “insiders” tell you else they’re building from stroller rental.

Good day.

Snooze!

I'm stating the obvious: The dining options in Galaxy's Edge brought variety as well as two more options.
Toy Story Land (or as you say Toy Sorry Land) brought a cute CS where they veered from the usually and the future TS will bring another cuisine to the park even if it's just Barbecue.
My hope (or as you say what I think should happen) is that the other CS restaurants will get a shake up, change concepts and menus that will bring better quality and other cuisines to the park.

For the record I have never claimed to have access to "insiders". I don't feel that self important and have no need of some inflated ego boost.

Good riddance!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom