When are Legacy FP due to expire?

Cdn Gal

Original Poster
Good Morning! We are planning a trip during the second week of March and will be staying off site at our timeshare. Does anybody have an idea as to when legacy FP are due to expire? Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney has not yet released any timeframe. Infact, I am not sure they know themselves yet. A lot depends on the rollout of MyMagic+ and when they feel they can eliminate the old FP.

PolynesianPrincess

Disney has not yet released any timeframe. Infact, I am not sure they know themselves yet. A lot depends on the rollout of MyMagic+ and when they feel they can eliminate the old FP.

I would assume (but of course, I could be wrong) that it wouldn't be until everyone, including APers and off-site guests can get the wristbands? If they take away the legacy FP before everyone has the chance to get a MB, then that's not really fair to people who can't get FP+ at all. I would HOPE they wouldn't take away FP until then, but who knows....

ToTBellHop

I would assume (but of course, I could be wrong) that it wouldn't be until everyone, including APers and off-site guests can get the wristbands? If they take away the legacy FP before everyone has the chance to get a MB, then that's not really fair to people who can't get FP+ at all. I would HOPE they wouldn't take away FP until then, but who knows....
Purportedly, not everyone will be able to get a MagicBand.

ToTBellHop

Anyone who does not qualify for a free MagicBand will have the option of buying one. Otherwise they will be using an RFID ticket for MyMagic+ functions instead to the band.
Interesting. I wonder if anyone would actually buy one. "You can have this card for free or pay for this fashionable band that does the same thing."

Have they announced a price point? Will the bands glow-with-the-show at least?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting. I wonder if anyone would actually buy one. "You can have this card for free or pay for this fashionable band that does the same thing."

I'm sure there won't be a shortage of those who will pay. No pricing yet that I am aware of.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I would buy one for the simple fact it opens stuff up in DI.

James122

I think a lot of folks would certainly pony up for a magic band, but there's no way on earth I would ever pay for one. Not even a glow-in-the-dark-with-the-show magic band!

ToTBellHop

Will MagicBands be used to board the Mears shuttle to Universal, as well? I'll gladly wear my ROCK THE BAND! shirt on Rip, Ride, RockIt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom