wheelchair rental companies?

dazzer68

Original Poster
Are there any companies around wdw that rent wheelcahirs for the week? and will deliver to a wdw resort hotel?
renting one daily from the parks is gonna work out costly, and wondered if it was cheaper to rent one for the week. no im not a queue jumper, my sister has early MS and doesnt always feel on top of the world, she doesnt have a wheelchair at home, so cant bring one with her, any help appreciated thanks all.

kimmychad

Are there any companies around wdw that rent wheelcahirs for the week? and will deliver to a wdw resort hotel?
renting one daily from the parks is gonna work out costly, and wondered if it was cheaper to rent one for the week. no im not a queue jumper, my sister has early MS and doesnt always feel on top of the world, she doesnt have a wheelchair at home, so cant bring one with her, any help appreciated thanks all.

we rented through this company, and they were great. and yes they will deliver to your resort.
http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/

oh and please don't feel the need to explain why you need a wheelchair, it's simply nobody elses business. people that are ignorant and complain about people in a wheelchair or a scooter will do so no matter what facts their presented with.

Tweedle Adie

On my last trip I learned that wheel chair are available at the Disney Hotel if you are staying on property. You get the wheel chair plus a bike chain and lock, if the wheel chair or bike lock is damaged or not return you will be charge $300 for the wheel chair, $15 for the bike lock, $315 for both. However if everything is returned you are charged nothing. We also had a length of stay wheel chair pass for the parks (we didn't find out about the hotel till the end of the trip) and for the 6 days it was just under $50. The electric chairs are $65 a day with a $20 refund when you return the chair. If you rent a chair in Down Town Disney they charge you $100 and refund the charge when the chair is returned.

I hope that helps
Adie

SamnDawn060304

we rented through this company, and they were great. and yes they will deliver to your resort.
http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/

oh and please don't feel the need to explain why you need a wheelchair, it's simply nobody elses business. people that are ignorant and complain about people in a wheelchair or a scooter will do so no matter what facts their presented with.

I used this company also they were great.:wave:

I believe there is a company in the area named "Walker" something or other. Pam at Kingdom Konsultants booked it for me on my last trip. They were super nice...and very helpful. It was for a scooter. I am pretty sure they have wheelchairs also.

When a bus driver CM flipped the kill switch (not sure if it was on purpose or not), we didn't know how to start the scooter. We called, and directed us to flip the kill switch back, and no problem.

Talk about a :brick:moment.

But ask Pam at Kingdom Konsultants, I'm sure she could help.

TinkerbellK

walker and randys are both decent companies...

also, no worry about "queue jumping" - in fact, you will wait in almost every line just like most guests. only a few of them have alternate entrances. you should have no problems with that...

i would bring a cushion with you - the rental chairs are vinyl or plastic and are VERY uncomfortable. a cushion will make her feel much more comfy!

also, the offsite rentals are more comfortable than park rentals, which are the most uncomfortable things i have ever been in

Since she has MS, have her talk to her dr. sometimes insurance will pay for a scooter or wheelchair rental, so she can have an ECV and move herself, but not have to pay for it.

also, keep an eye on ebay. i bought a $2500 wheelchair for $100 online, and now i have it for everything! it is VERY handy for airports...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom