What's your first Disney memory?

disneyfirstLJ

My first Disney memory is from when I was four, 1976. My three cousins, aunt and uncle went to Disney World. When they returned they brought me back Mickey ears. I have a picture of the four of us by our grandparents big, brick fireplace with our Mickey ears on. I wore those ears all the time and vowed to travel to Disney World someday! In 2014 someday finally happened and I was able to travel to Disney World with my own daughter which made that trip even more special!

JiminyandTink

For me it is riding both Carousel of Progress and Delta Dreamflight over and over again in 1991. The entire trip my whole family couldn't stop singing "Now is the time, now is the best time....."

World_Showcase_Lover007

My mom recently told me that I took my first steps as a baby when we were at WDW back in 1984, but of course I don't remember this.

My first real memories are from a trip to WDW in 1997 when I was in middle school on a school-sponsored trip with my classmates. The first day we were there, our teachers told us we were going to the "World Showcase", which I envisioned as being some type of exhibit with some boring displays, and maybe some pictures of the countries they were talking about. You know lol, like an actual glass showcase that houses displays. I had no idea that WS was actually buildings and physical re-creations of each country. Needless-to-say I was impressed and have been a fan of WDW ever since.

LongLiveTheKing

My first memories of Disneyland are just bits and pieces. What I remember from my first trip:

1. I don't remember hating the 8 hour drive each way somehow lol. We fly from Sacramento to LAX now in about an hour.
2. Downtown Disney was under construction at that point. The monorail was still operational. I don't know how many stores were open.
3. My mom got so angry at our room in the first hotel that we immedietely switched from the Marriot to, it must have been based on my next memory, the Disneyland Hotel.
4. I remember a pool pretty heavily themed around Peter Pan with a slide based on Captain Hook's pirate ship.
5Maybe. I remember being thrilled at Goofey's Kitchen, but I don't know if it was the first trip. Still, if I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel, it was probably this one. I think they were playing Lion King in a TV room.

I don't remember any rides, funnily enough, so I'm not sure where the point was when I became the hooked bass with the Haunted Mansion bait in its mouth.

Raineman

My first Disney memory were the Disney books in the 70s that had the record with them where a voice would read the book, with the Tinkerbell chimes that would tell you to turn the page-these books were part of the reason I learned to read by the time I was 5. My favorite was Peter And The Wolf-the wolf was scary to me then, and I loved it. My first Disney parks memory was the first time I visited WDW when I was 16 in 1990. I don't remember much about MK, but I loved Epcot, especially Communicore and Horizons, and I loved MGM.

Courtney6682

I don't remember my first trip at 5 yrs old, but I do remember my 2nd trip at 13 in 1995. We stayed at CBR and I remember thinking how cute it was to get your kids meal in a sand bucket with a little shovel...

danyoung56

I'm not sure if this thread is looking for my first Disney memory or my first Disney PARK memory, but here are both.

First memory - watching first run Mickey Mouse Club shows in the late 50's, along with my older brother (on a black & white TV, of course). Even at 4 years old I could tell that there was something special about Annette!

I finally got to go to Disneyland in 1963 at the ripe old age of 6. We went with my favorite aunt and uncle and their 4 kids, who were close in age to me and my 3 brothers. The only thing I really remember about the trip, other than getting hooked on a lifelong hobby of Disney parks, was that Dad wouldn't let us ride the mules or the stagecoach or any of the rides on a live creature, I guess out of fear that we'd get hurt in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom