What's your first Disney memory?

Beuford

Original Poster
Im 26 years old, working on my second career, and have been to the world a "few" times, but when I think back at my first disney memory I always smile.

It was 1986 and my father took me to WDW. This was great being with him on a vacation because my parents had divorced a few years earlier. I was so excited, that I remember well. I don't recall seeing the entrance or the castle, but I remember the first ride was space mnt. I sat in front of my Dad and held on for dear life. It was great, we spent all day at the park. The next morning he asked where I wanted to go, MK, Sea world?, needless to say I wanted to go back to MK. It was a short trip and we left the next day, I cried on the plane, looking out the window saying "I miss Mickey". Its not a great story or very detailed, but I think about it all the time Its my first disney memory and It was the best time a son had with his Dad.

So, maybe you can share your first disney memory, young or old, just the first thing you remember.:animwink:

beryl628

My 1st memory is from 1979 (I was 18 months old, yes I really remember :)

We were staying at the campground and my grandmother had just given me a new stuffed dog earlier that morning. We were going to the camp fire. I remember seeing Chip and Dale. They came over to me and took my dog and started playing monkey in the middle with it. I started to cry. They felt so bad they had a castmember come over and give me stickers and a picture of them. Then the campfire started and Chip and Dale put individual cereal boxes on thier ears.

The only other things I remember from that trip is wearing a poncho in the rain and seeing Pluto on Main Street.

:)

hankhill

First Memory

Hoop Dee Doo.

This show and the entire Fort Wilderness area (RIver COuntry) make me smile each time I think aboiut them. They are my WDW Happy place.....:)

normdisney

1977 first trip was our Honeymoon I was 19. We stayed at the Poly we rode up in the cab and we both were in love with Disney. We have never looked back. Our boys have been on so many vacation's with us at DW. Joined DVC in 1991. Boys are now 24 and 20 and look back with so many good times.

We are off on Sat to OKW for our 63 or 64 trip we have lost count:dazzle:

Already planning my 50th Birthday back at the Poly.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

CelticRose

My first Disney Memory, watching The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday Nights. All those great movies, Old Yeller, Mary Poppins, Lady and the Tramp. I had a huge crush on Kurt Russell in the Computer who wore Tennis Shoes, I still have a crush on him. ;)

My first trip to the world was my honeymoon in 1989, so that is my first memory of the real magic of the world:dazzle: Now every time we go I feel like I am on that honeymoon again. :sohappy:

DisneyDancer312

when i was little, i was amazed by the monorail. i had seen it before and had never been to disney and always wanted to ride it. finally i rode it on my 6th birthday. i thought it was the best thing in the world. :king:

sarajo

First Disney memory... spring 1973, when I was almost 4 years old and getting to meet Mickey Mouse for the very first time at WDW! It was heaven!!! :)

Chape19714

My 1st Memory was at a WDW resort sometime around 1993, and there was a Mickey Mouse Phone! Then, I went on the WDW Railroad!

hcswingfield

I was a sophomore at UGA, and the Magic Kingdom had opened the year before. My girl friend at the time was from Winter Park. She got me to drive her home for Christmas holidays and took me to the Magic Kingdom. She promised me it was never cold in Florida, so I did not take a jacket with me. The high that day was about 40 degrees, with wind blowing and a heavy cloud cover. I had on a shirt that snapped up the front. My now ex-girlfriend thought it was great fun to grab the front of my shirt and pull it open at every opportunity. I might have thought it was fun, too, if the temperature had been about 40 degrees warmer. It was another 25 years or so before I went back to WDW. Now I'm an addict, and I know to bring clothing for any kind of weather, especially in the winter! And thank goodness, snap front shirts are no longer in fashion.

gboiler1

Had to be at DL in 1967, and I was about 4. I recall riding on Snow White w/my Aunt. I recall a guy in Military dress rode in the same car w/us. My perception was my Aunt thought he was "all that"! :lol:

iheartdisney91

umm.... during illuminations i poked my eye on a flower:lookaroun not very magical but non the less its my first and only memory of disney my 1st time.

1976 --Contemporary resort Playing the shooting gallery in the Food and Fun center, AND riding the swan boats around the castle.

Of course my two earliest memories are of things that no longer exist, but thats the beauty of the ever changing world.:lol:

barnum42

First Disney World memory would be on my first visit aged 20, on the bus heading to Epcot and seeing Spaceship Earth rising above the trees as the bus approached the exit that leads to the park.

Earliest Disney memory is probably seeing Dumbo at the cinema.

scottnj1966

Family

My first memories at Disney always had my fmaily included. It is the main reason I love the place so much.

but things I do remember when I think back are these....
My Dad 'taking us to school" (he never usually did) and always going the wrong way and missign school....that always meant Disney or another park..

My uncle always trying to get me on space mountain (i would not do it until i was 13 hahaha)

Main street electrical parade and petes dragon scaring my brother when he blew smoke out his nose hahaha.

I have so many memories...but those always come up.

Anomalied

I remember bits and pieces of my first visit to Disneyland...

Pulling into the old Disneyland parking lot, seeing the sign
Watching the afternoon parade
Going on the Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World (only two rides I remember)
Fantasmic
Racing to see Tinkerbelle fly from the castle...

The only thing I remember about my first visit to Walt Disney World was walking around with my Dad and watching the chairlifts chug along overhead...

disney9752

wow so many memories, being able to park right at the front doors of the contemporary, right about where the valet stand is now, the old mark IV monorails & the sound of the doors popping open & of course a cm or 2 coming along to close them all. my aunt working mickey mouse review, wow was that a lil while back, she also worked Cinderellas carousel, & would let me push the button to start the carousel then put me up on a horse. watching MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE, ooooooooooo the feeling of the voice with the 5 min announcement, then of course the lights going out & the blue fairy appearing, wow i watched it in front of the then town square cafe soooo many times, the 7 dwarfs actually threw candy out of their buckets way back then, or so i recall, i kind of remember going on the swan boats once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom