What's your favorite time of day at WDW?

danyoung56

Lsumatt72, I completely agree with you! My favorite time is evenings in Epcot, after Illuminations. I like to walk around the World Showcase in the opposite direction of the exiting crowds. About a third of the way around, the crowds thin and you have the place mostly to yourself - extremely cool!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I love the parks late at night. The atmosphere seems to be completely different. Instead of the massive swarm of people hurrying to get somewhere, it seems like there are only a few people just taking their time and taking it all in.

I was fortunate to have late reservations at Yak and Yeti at AK once. We finished our meal after park closing after dark. The park looked amazing at night. I am really looking forward to the extended hours at AK later this year.

KCheatle

Original Poster
So many amazing visualizations in this thread! I had to post some of my favorites:

magic-kingdom-morning-empty-park.jpg

Epcot-night-photography1.jpg

Edward M

Night. For me, it just feels like the parks come alive at that time. Especially during EMH at MK. MK at night is just as magical as a park can get. I love how Tomorrowland seems like an actual space port with the neon lights the and whizzing Peoplemover, but I especially love just how relaxed all the other lands become. I love Frontierland and the much more rustic feel to everything. One of my favorite Disney memories was just sitting in Adventureland by the Swiss Family Treehouse and listening to Jungle Cruise with a Dole Whip. Just that empty and mysterious Adventureland, perfect. Epcot is also more magical. Future World just seems a bit more futuristic and the lighting around Spaceship Earth is just breathtaking. The Test Track area feels very lively while the Land area feels very relaxed. World Showcase empties out after Illuminations and allows you to just take in all the amazing theming. I just love walking against the crowd there as the walkway slowly dwindles away to only a few people. Even DHS is significantly better at night. It's the only time I find myself walking around DHS and enjoying just being there.

I do love mornings at the parks (especially MK), but I'm just a night owl. I always feel this rush in the morning to do as many rides as possible before crowds arrive. For me, night is when you can just relax and really take in the parks.

KikoKea

At MK we especially enjoy the park at night. We love the bright lights of Tomorrowland and Main St, but the subdued lighting in Frontier Land, particularly by the water, is lovely and makes us want to linger, just taking in the sights and sounds.

Same for WS and Epcot. We enjoy walking WS at night at a leisurely pace. AK and HS are half day parks for us, and we are rarely at HS at night- we just hit the rides in the morning/early afternoon and head to another park for the evening. But, I must say that AK is very nice in the early morning.

slipperalwaysfits

Like many of you, there are things to love about the early mornings and the evenings. I read the title of the thread and immediately thought "Night" because I do love the lights but then I remembered going in to MK or any park early in the day for our breakfast reservations and it's incredible how short the lines are, even for the Safaris! And there's an extra level of excitement for me at the beginning of the day, knowing I'll get to spend a whole day with the people I love in a wonderful place!

I love the MK at night. One of the best experiences you can have is timing it to ride Splash Mountain during Wishes. If you're lucky you can see a fireworks burst over the castle just as you crest the lift before the big drop as well as seeing fireworks as you make the turn before the first drop into the show building. Frontierland at night is beautiful.

But then again, there's a reason we only travel between Nov 20 and Dec 10 to WDW. I believe it has something to do with those twinkling icicle lights on the castle (okay, it has like 99% to do with that!) After all, my avatar is a giant picture in our living room! Anyway, yes, coming over the crest of Splash Mtn and seeing those lights all lit up on the castle and if you're lucky, a firework over them...spectacular! And whizzing along Big Thunder while the fireworks are going off? Nothing better. I love walking by Rapunzel's tower at night and the Haunted Mansion is extra creepy and fun at night! Night is when we can get a good view of the parade for me, everything's just more fun in the dark!

JIMINYCR

All the parks, my favorite time has to be late evenings. The parks take on a different atmosphere as it gets darker and the lights go on, the crowds start to thin out and it just seems more magical. The buildings and attractions are dressed up with lights and are more distinct. The CM's start loosening up and start to have more fun with you as well. The only negative thing is that you know the park day is ending for you.

UpAllNight

One of the highlights of our trip was seeing Tower of Terror looming in the distance on a night, then riding it gave a completely different experience to the day. That brief moment when the shutter opens and it's dark outside is unforgettable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom