Whats your fave Disney parks "street performers"

TheBeatles

Shelby Mayer, Jack Diamond, Vladimir Pooey, and Otto Von Bonn Bahn are my favorites.

The above mentioned and a few others come into the Brown Derby throughout the day. It's a lot of fun.

hadesrules

You saw Frederick, but it wasn't Boss Goobleman you saw:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/author/gduncan/

The new guy is not nearly as good, in my opinion.

Well, if it wasn't Boss Goobleman, then it was his twin-same mannerisms, same expressions, "Boss Goobleman" on the hard hat, same belly. We saw a guy named "Rusty Commodes" who played the boss, who, incidentally, looked an awful lot like "Sparky". Maybe that's who you're thinking of.

216bruce

De Vine (sp) at Animal Kingdom. If you've never seen her it is an amazing "show". I've never been mesmerized by someone just standing there and moving just a little bit.
I'm amazed no one has mentioned her. I assume she qualifies as a street performer.

pumpkin7

i quite enjoyed the Suffragettes on main street... they were singing their song out of mary poppins. never saw the dapper dans!! :O
i looked everywhere for push the bin (trash can)! i saw him on youtube and ask a CM where to find him, but never did. saddened me, that did :(

i think during our next visit, i will spend much more time taking in the scenery and side shows, because it seems i've missed a hell of a lot.

muse1983

Citizens of Hollywood all the way. My wife and I had so much fun interacting with them last May. They are hilarious and add so much to Hollywood Studios. My favorites were: Cynthia Bloom, Joodie Patootie, Melvin Macheezmo, Officer Percival Peabody and Vladimir Pooey.

Does the Boardwalk count? If so, I'd have to vote for Carlo. We were disappointed to hear that he had retired (although happy for "Carlo"). All of a sudden, this past summer, he was back on the Boardwalk at night. Seeing him made our vacation! Ta Da!!!!

Other than Carlo, I vote for the World Showcase Players. I've been fortunate to be a part of "King Arthur and the Holy Grail" 4 years in a row (see youtube World Showcase Players King Arthur August 2010). I love that show and the actors keep it fresh each time they perform.

WDW-Crazy

As far as Boss Goobleman and Frederick go, we saw Hollywood Public Works on Oct 25, and they were both there. Maybe some common sense prevailed and they were brought back. Hollywood Public Works is the best show by far.

Yes, definitely agreed with this one! Goobleman....couldn't remember the name of the boss.

PhilharMagician

Smear Splat and Dip in AK (gone)
The Village Beatniks in AK (gone)
The Krystos in Epcot (gone)
The Jammitors in Epcot
Serveur Amusant in Epcot
Off Kilter in Epcot
Mulch Sweat and Shears in DHS
Not much going on in MK for me.

britlightyear

The Kristos in Epcot used to be my favorite--you tube them if you don't know who they are---amazing show!

Does Off Kilter count as a street performer?

I also love Miuyki (sp?)--the candy maker in Japan. Too bad you don't get to keep her creations anymore. What a waste that must be!

Is this true? The last time we were there everyone she picked got to keep what she made. When did they change this? :shrug:

kapeman

I don't think the character name is the same. It is just another guy doing basically the same role.

Think Mr Roper vs Mr Furley. (Does that reference show my age?! :veryconfu )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom