Whats your Disney parks dress style?

Tink0102

For me I will be very casual. Shorts (even though I am glaringly white) and tee shirts or old navy tanks with either flip flops or my sneakers. Minimal make up( cause I will just sweat it off anyway) and some sort of Sun hat which means I won't spend a lot of time on my hair either. Of course for our dinner reservations I will take more time and care to be more presentable.
We have some friends going with us and I know the other woman will be more "dressed up" for the parks than I will. This just got me thinking about what your park dress style was.
Yes, I am 25 days away from the world and am in full Disney mode and don't want to think about work.

bebert

We usually coordinate colors with the family for pics but, also to help find kids if they wander to far. My wife has recently started embroidering a shirt for the kids for each trip so that makes it fun. This year my son and I will have matching Ironman t's to wear to HS and then also a Darth Vader Mickey shirt my wife is making for Star Wars weekend. Always sneakers for me, previous ankle surgeries make flip flops not an option. Most days are very casual but, usually take at least one nice set of clothes for adult night at Epcot or Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

AngryEyes

I do shorts and Disney Hawaiian/Club shirts. I may not look cool, but I feel cool. This is gross, probably, but since the shirt isn't touching my body as much as a t-shirt or whatever, I don't have sweat showing through all over the place. I can't stand that and I'm quite the sweater, so what's a knit garment to do?

Just thought of something: My wife thinks it's funny, when I really get going, to put her hand on the middle of my back, which leaves a handprint. I'm less than amused.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

DH and I have to dress up (e.g., suits) for our day jobs, so we like to savor the chance to be casual on vacation.

We and our son and daughter typically wear T-shirts or tank tops (all the same color but not necessarily the same style, so we can find each other in a crowd), cargo or bermuda shorts, socks and sneakers for early morning "hardcore" touring, and good sturdy sandals for our more relaxed afternoons and evenings. I bring a sundress (which doubles as my swimsuit coverup) and DH brings a polo shirt in case we feel like "dressing up" for dinner one night.

That's pretty much it! Our rule of thumb is to be neat and appropriately dressed at all times, but not to bring anything that is so costly or "nice" that we're going to feel terrible if we spill ketchup on it, get it wet or tear it on something.

Upvote 0

tsaintc

Ultra comfortable... we are park warriors (open to close almost every day). And since we always go in June/July, something cool and light.

We always carry rain gear (including flip flops/slides - cannot do wet shoes). Although, my teenage daughter still insists on wearing flip flops as her primary footwear. She does not even pack athletic shoes anymore.

Upvote 0

disney1077

I go a little dressy. Skirts and halters, or sleeveless blouses or an occaisional dress, with crocs Vezzy flip flops or Adidas fit foam flip flops. I don't really dress to impress, it just those items are the coolest to wear in the heat.:D Minimal make-up but my nails are usually over-done and my toe nails are pink! Mouse ears top off any outfit!:D

I love to paint my toe nails pink as well. It is my favorite color and is such a pretty color for the summer.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I am with Figgy, just a tad dressy. For me skirts and dresses are so much cooler and more comfortable than shorts. I go with above the knees length so I can deal with our children and get on and of rides with out showing too much. My girls are wearing skorts with custom tanks from etsy and high polished ponies or pig tales with matching bows. My boys have shorts and coordinating shirts with spiky hair. DH prefers short and performance fabric golf shirts. We are all in crocs or other sturdier sandles that coordinate with our outfits. I do makeup and blow dry round brush my hair so it is smooth and polished down or in a pony. I have a fresh pedi in bright red. No mani, nothing stays even shellac on my hands. I do use nail envy 2x a week to keep them neat. I also touch up hair and make up in the park, nothing more than a few secs though, want to get back to rides:) comfort then fashion for the parks. Anywhere else fashion then comfort.
One trip I didn't touch up, my hair was a mess, and I spilled my lunch on my dress. I hate thoose pictures and feel like I ruined them with my sloppiness. I also don't do no makeup well and come from a long line of Southern Women that would roll over on their graves if i was scene out without lipstick!
So I might be like your friend, you dress in what makes you comfortable. Hope she does too or can shut her her trap if she is miserable;) Like I tell my kids, no belly aching on the Happiest Place on Earth!

Upvote 0

SAV

Shorts, Hawaiian style shirts and Sandals. T-shirts are too hot. The only time I wear actual shoes in Summer is to go to the office or a funeral. Otherwise it is always sandals. I have the tan lines to prove it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom