What's your Disney Decorating Style?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I'm currently working on a very special themed nursery for my little man who will be arriving in four weeks, so once it's done, I will post pictures!
I saw a picture online of a guy that painted his nursery walls to be an exact replica of Plane Crazy or something and put the crib against it and it made it look like the crib was in the film and it was PHENOMENAL! It looked EXACTLY like it. I would have killed to have been able to do that with our nursery.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Right now, my style is very similar to the OP's and will probably stay that way. I have several of the hand drawn character sketches in nice wood frames that will end up in our nursery way way in the future. I also have several pictures of my family from recent trips scattered about. When we buy our first house, I definitely want to incorporate subtle touches here and there, mostly because my future DH isn't a huge Disney fan (the horror :jawdrop:... i know...)
DUMP HIIM! LOL! Just kidding!

Phonedave

We have very little in the house that is overtly Disney. In fact the on thlng that I think clearly screams Disney is a Pooh animation cell that hangs in our master bath (and no, not on purpose, but I do catch the irony in the character and room).

We have lots of other stuff. One bookcase has models of the Disney Magic and Wonder, but it also has a model of the Celebrity Summit - all ships we have cruised on. We have some Disney bowls in the kitchen, but they are subdued, with just micky heads on them. Same goes for our everyday cutlery - It's Disney, but it is the stainless steel set, whith just a mickey head shape cutout in the handle. Another bookcase has a BigFig of the Black Pearl on it. But unless you know it is the Black Pearl, you think it is just a random ship. WE have some artwork from Food & Wine as well, but it is theme artwork from those particular years - no Disney characters, just a small hidden mickey in each one.

There is a bunch more that we have, but it is all in the same vein. About the only thing that has characters on it are coffee mugs - I have a variety of Donald Duck mugs. If I go to WDW and see one I don't have, then I buy it. Not sure how that even got started.

-dave

KaraJoy73

We have a room dedicated to Disney. Three of the walls are yellow with white wainscoting. The fourth wall is Disney blue with white wainscoting. Bed cover is the same blue. We have the fab five plus Daisy in the large plush. And lots of smaller plush characters. We have a couple of banks, a few figurines,and Dalmatian desk set. We found a vintage print of Mickey and on a trip in November picked up a print of Mickey and Minnie on a picnic. It's from a little golden book we had as kids. It was one of our favorites so the print was a must. We have a picture frame from each park (except Epcot, can't find one specific to Epcot). We have a couple of throws and an old baby quilt with Bambi characters. Oh, and we keep our growing collection of Disney blue rays in there. Our goal is to one day have a copy of every Disney movie.
We do have a few things outside the "Disney" room, like my Stitch plush that's in my room. (I'm 42 and not ashamed to admit that.☺️)
Whatever else we get will most likely go in the Disney room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom