What's wrong with the wand?

Laura

Premium Member
Have I ever told you how much I love it when you get into wand threads? :D

I wander why? :veryconfu

*poof*

Wand.jpg

Vernonpush

Someone flamed you for that? That video is hilarious! The only people I can see it upsetting are those who don't think people should have accountability when posting on forums...

It's the summer, kids are home with no parental guidence. Thus the threads in News and Rumors stating: "I think duzny wurld is gr8!111 wen r u giong?"

They are the offspring of the "Me generation", I would call them the "Me and only Me, Generation":lol:

eeaton71

For me, I thought the wand was fine. I'm not losing sleep over the fact that it is being taken down but could the money that they are using to take it down be used in other places. I know that I will be raked over the coals but EPCOT is in need of major work. Sure the world showcase can be interesting and Soaring is a fun time, but that park itself needs to stay ahead of the times, not catching up to them. This is the community of tomorrow? I loved going there and seeing the new technology and other advances they had on display. Now, we run over get a fast pass for Test Track, run on Soaring and hope we can catch Mission Space before we take off for one of the other parks. EPCOT was supposed to always be changing and bringing us the future or a glimpse into what the future could be. Now we have Nemo and a cool hand gliding ride. Futuristic!:veryconfu

cb3k

Please can everyone tell me what they all have against the hand and wand that was over Spaceship Earth?:fork: :shrug:

I thought it looked nice and made the iconic structure more of an icon and not just a golf ball on legs.

I really don't understand what everyones problem with it is!
Everyone wants it down because it is annoying when you are trying to watch IRoE from all the way back behind SSE and that "Thing" hinders your view of the Inferno Barge...:lookaroun

jmvd20

It's oh so very simple. The wand was supposed to be a temporary structure. It was too expensive to take down a year or so after it was built. People started to get all lovey dovey with it, while others got all cold and prickly with it still being there. Seimens, the gods of all things good, came in, and epcot turns 25, money was flowing, and the wand is finally coming down.

Had it come down in 2001 like it was supposed to...well we wouldn't be talking about this. :)

The wand was never supposed to be taken down in 2001, though that is what some people thought. It was supposed to stay up at least until 2009 and indefinitely after that. The wand was never built nor designed to be a temporary structure.

goofyfan13

Someone flamed you for that? That video is hilarious! The only people I can see it upsetting are those who don't think people should have accountability when posting on forums...

Yea, some people just take offense to when members get told to use the search function, even though a lot of new members don't know where it is...:rolleyes:

Bluewaves

Please can everyone tell me what they all have against the hand and wand that was over Spaceship Earth?:fork: :shrug:

I thought it looked nice and made the iconic structure more of an icon and not just a golf ball on legs.

I really don't understand what everyones problem with it is!

This isn't news or a rumor how bout putting this in general discussion where it belongs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom