What's with the OC Sheriff's Office Presence on Property?

DisneyCane

Original Poster
We just had a short visit Thursday evening through this morning and I've never seen so many OC Sheriff's Office SUVs around the property. There was a decoy SUV in the median on Hotel Plaza Blvd but it seemed like everywhere we drove on property we'd pass at least one and usually more than one OCSO SUV. Is this a new initiative or were there issues happening that required a visible police presence?

Royal Purple Pigment

I haven't noticed any changes recently. This is an older article but it discusses some of the arrangements they have made as a of a few years ago. I assume it is still the same.

https://www.ocso.com/en-us/Services/Operational-Services/Uniform-Patrol-Division (Division 6)

esskay

Yep they have sherif cars at every resort now, normally parked up near the entrance gate. I presume its there mostly as a deterrant but its there 24/7 so do wonder if some lucky(?) deputy is getting to stay at every resort.

Andrew25

After Pulse, the county took security much more seriously and realized how crucial it is it to be more active in the parks... except SeaWorld for whatever reason?

There's also been a few fatal accidents on US-192 (and one in front of DHS's entrance) this year, so they've been more active in the roadways as well.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
We just had a short visit Thursday evening through this morning and I've never seen so many OC Sheriff's Office SUVs around the property. There was a decoy SUV in the median on Hotel Plaza Blvd but it seemed like everywhere we drove on property we'd pass at least one and usually more than one OCSO SUV. Is this a new initiative or were there issues happening that required a visible police presence?
July 4th week. Lots of opportunities to generate revenue.

Lilofan

If one gets arrested the holding cell jail building is not far away. It is right by Saratoga Springs off of a side road.

Comped

They have a very conspicuous office at DS as well...

Kamikaze

After Pulse, the county took security much more seriously and realized how crucial it is it to be more active in the parks... except SeaWorld for whatever reason?

There's also been a few fatal accidents on US-192 (and one in front of DHS's entrance) this year, so they've been more active in the roadways as well.
Remember that the Pulse terrorist first went to Disney Springs and only left because of the visible police presence.

Comped

SeaWorld and Animal Kingdom are the only parks with self-protection systems.

By that, I mean predators who could very easily eat any transgressors.
Or guests. Technically speaking. That's why AK has bathrooms with locks on them! (No seriously, that's why...)

EeyoreFan#24

Or guests. Technically speaking. That's why AK has bathrooms with locks on them! (No seriously, that's why...)
To make this thread completely jump the zebra....I've laughed at this clip plenty of times in exercise trainings and workshops.

As goofy as as it is, I wouldn't be to surprised if AK does something, maybe not exactly like that, to exercise their containment plans.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Also there's been more fights..........at least filmed at the parks, maybe if there is increased presence it's to deter people behaving badly?

esskay

The office at springs looks pretty weird. Its like a cross between a closed down store and a "We're here, but dont come bother us" look.

monorail81

There has been a strong Orange County Police presence on property for years. They even have offices at Disney Springs.
Not only that, but they have a substation off Buena Vista Dr behind Saratoga Springs.
IMG_2790.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom