What's up with the first week of December and pin codes?

Abbyjoe

We have a trip booked for the first week of December. We chose this week for the lower crowd levels. SOOO...We have been getting pin codes for that time for 40% off all rooms, Excluding Thanksgiving week AND the first week of December. I don't get it. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We have a trip booked for the first week of December. We chose this week for the lower crowd levels. SOOO...We have been getting pin codes for that time for 40% off all rooms, Excluding Thanksgiving week AND the first week of December. I don't get it. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?

You answered it...Lower crowds.

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

Original Poster
Hmmm...well in the past it seems they have run specials DURING low crowd times to increase the crowd. I guess that is what I don't understand.

Upvote 0

WishIWasAtWDW

i got a pin code for 40% off and it included 11/28 - 12/4 and 12/12 - 12/18. we took advantage of it and are going december 12th - 17th. those dates still have lower crowds (according to touringplans.com) and the pop warner kids will be gone. it seems as long as you go before the 17th when peak season hits, crowds should be pretty mild.

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

Original Poster
Wish- that is the same pin code we got. I just thought it was strange to not include that week. But---We can work around it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

When's the Pop Warner tournament down there?

It's the first week in December... I believe the 4th to the 12th

I got a PIN about a month or so back and I was able to use it to upgrade to AKL the first week in Dec. I wonder if they are now excluding that week because they reached the booked quota that they wanted or something?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a guess so take it for what it is worth.

These PIN's, like every other promotion, are based off of booking rates. Thanks to the internet people are learning all of the intimate details about when and when not to go to WDW. The first week of December is the sweet spot during the Christmas season and pretty much everyone knows it and have booked rooms hence the blackout.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom