What's Up With Primeval Whirl?

General Grizz

While we're on the subject, I wanted to point this out:
P1010003.jpg

Makes me hate the attraction even more. . .

Woody13

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
That section with the carnival games is very sub-par.It makes me feel like I'm at Busch Gardens and anyone who has been there will tell you...its no disney. Theming is what keeps me and my MONEY at Disney, I really feel these "quick pre-fab" rides like Aladdin and pretty much the whole section by Primevil Whirl are in poor taste. Like a Hyundai in a Porsche dealership.

"A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland's operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of a carnival or amusement park, there will be none of the 'pitches,' game wheels, sharp practices and devices designed to milk the visitor's pocketbook."
-
- Walt Disney

ThirdEye

Yea for some reason PW makes me put my hands up laugh my off and scream like a little girl just because its a cheesy ride and I tend to scream like a little girl on these rides for fun, not that im scared or anything. They have a ride exactly like this at this fair called the South Florida Fair every year. Its just a wild mouse roller coaster with spinning cars they've been around forever

disneyman23

i really cant stand anything about this ride. which is surprising cause i love all other disney rides. the complete package of this ride is cheap and poorely done. you can see this exact same ride at any other ammusement park across america, heck even state fairs have this thing. the cheesy sparkly look makes the ride have such a carnival effect to it that it just makes me sick to see a ride like it in a disney park. i really hope once they have everest built and maybe one or two other big attractions they will get rid of this ride and and treat it as the space filler that it seems to have been meant to be. PW has got to go !

HMFan

Has anyone ever stopped and asked a CM why Dino-Rama looks the way it does? There is a whole back story about the roadside carnival feel in relation to the Dino Institute.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If all the Disney diehards were to stop the "its not the Disney way, the themes tacky , Walt wouldn’t have approved " arguments and actually looked at the faces of those on the ride they would see lots of people having fun.

The whole area may be a little tacky, it certainly follows Eisners love of cut price attractions, but it does soak up guests and provide enjoyment, especially for younger guests. Cause as you know the park is full of over indulged brats who cant handle dinosaur, bugs life, kali or walking more than 100yards so they had to do something for the little darlings.

WDWEric

I like PW and Dino-Rama. when we went to WDW this past june,AK was the first park we went to. I think the carnival atmosphere is great for kids, I cant wait tp bring my son (Due June) to WDW next year and to see the look on his face when he sees all the colors and dinos...just my opinon

This section of Animal Kingdom reminds me of a really bad Paradise Pier from DCA. It just doesnt fit in. They should of stuck with their original concept and made a wooden coaster next to the Dino Institute. UGH!!!! I will be returning to Animal Kingdom once Everest is complete. Until then I wont be visiting that park anytime soon. :hurl:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The only good thing I can say about Dinorama is that it is relatively tucked out the way, and I can avoid seeing it on my trips to AK. :)

Lennyg512

Think about it. Primeval Whirl is just like the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wisearce Farm in the Magic Kingdom. The Goofy coaster is for children who can not ride Space Mountain. So, Primeval Whirl will be a coaster for smaller children who can not ride Expedition Everest when it opens.

Scooter

My wife and I rode PW once and had a bad experiance.

They put too many overweight people in the car and we were all squished.

On every twist and turn we all got smashed together.

I was in pain thoughout the whole ride and had sore ribs for three days afterwards. :(

We avoid the whole area now.

Buford

I don't see too much of a difference between Dino-Rama and a local fair. I'm sure Beastly Kingdom would have been more valuable in the long-term, though. :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Lennyg512
Think about it. Primeval Whirl is just like the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wisearce Farm in the Magic Kingdom. The Goofy coaster is for children who can not ride Space Mountain. So, Primeval Whirl will be a coaster for smaller children who can not ride Expedition Everest when it opens.

Well you would think that, BUT...

Goofy's Barnstormer you need to be at least 35" tall to ride, so that is fine for little kids.

Primevil Whirl you need to be at least 48 inches tall! Which puts it at the same height requirement as RocknRollerCoaster!! ToT is only 40"

I am guessing that Everest will be in the region of 40" to 44" height requirement when it opens, not 48" like Primevil Whirl.

So there is no case for saying Primevil was put in there to give kids something to ride, as many of them arent tall enough to ride.

DisneyFan 2000

Well here's my opinion of the ride:

The ride itself, GREAT! The theming, alright. The location, BAD! I must admit this ride is very fun, and even nicely themed, but it's not enough to be put it in a Disney theme park! Especialy not in such a themed and detailed park such as AK! I know some of you say it's enjoyable for the kids so stop with the "Disney excuse", but take a minute to think. Wouldn't it be nice to stroll down through a walkway with friendly AA dinosaurs eating grass and staring at you? Wouldn't it be nice if you could explore a dark ride filled with amazing effects and fun facts about dinosaurs? That is also a family oriented option that IMO works better with the theme!

What amazes me, is that even my sister who has no idea about Disney's dream, commented on how tacky and bad looking Dino Rama is! I was shocked to see her ask me why they put it there!

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a carnival theme couldn't work, but it doesn't have to be off-the-shelf like PW and Paradise Peer. It can be unique and have its own touch of magic, and at the same time, won't be tacky! It can be very enjoyable, if done right! That's my opinion!

plutoguy32

I like PW and all of Dino-Rama. I think the theme is done well. Maybe we should stop looking at everything with a negative point of view and start posting what we LIKE about WDW!!! What a concept! :hammer:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Well you would think that, BUT...

Goofy's Barnstormer you need to be at least 35" tall to ride, so that is fine for little kids.

Primevil Whirl you need to be at least 48 inches tall! Which puts it at the same height requirement as RocknRollerCoaster!! ToT is only 40"

I am guessing that Everest will be in the region of 40" to 44" height requirement when it opens, not 48" like Primevil Whirl.

So there is no case for saying Primevil was put in there to give kids something to ride, as many of them arent tall enough to ride.

I was just thinking the same exact thing! :lol:

That is true though. How can this possibly be a ride for little kids, when the height requirement is higher than the ones for Test Track, Dinosaur, Mission: SPACE, even Space Mountain. The only kiddie ride in the area is Triceratops Spin. I'm still hoping that this isn't suppose to be a long-term deal, and that Dino-Rama will leave in the near future.

johnvree

The whole area rubs me the wrong way. I am ok with the Dumbo knock off and I love Dinosaur! But the whole Hester and Chester thing seems very un-Disney. Primeval Whirl does not look much better than what I can find at a traveling carnival. And the cheesy carnival games :hurl: If you are going put those things in there, then at least theme them better and give away Disney-style merchandise.

Having said that, my kids love that area. And I love my kids. I think there is some kind of algebraic principle that says that I therefore love Dinorama.

Kids :rolleyes:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Scooter
My wife and I rode PW once and had a bad experiance.

They put too many overweight people in the car and we were all squished.

On every twist and turn we all got smashed together.

I was in pain thoughout the whole ride and had sore ribs for three days afterwards. :(

We avoid the whole area now.

I could have swore the seats were 2x2 each with a shared lap bar, I usually find that if a thin person is in the car with me it is they who fly around as the restraints hold this old lard bucket well and trully in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom