What's the very first thing you do

k.hunter30

Original Poster
... once you've checked into your hotel either in or around WDW? Do you head straight for a certain ride in a certain park? Relax by the pool? Go shopping in DTD?

I'm taking DH for his very first trip in a week and a half, and - while it's just like coming home for me - I want the first things we do there to be really fun and memorable for him. When I usually arrive with luggage in tow (haven't been to WDW since ME started), I buy my refillable cup in the resort cafeteria, unload my stuff in the room and head to some ride in MK. This time, DH and I are planning on heading straight to Epcot (his pick - he didn't want to start with "the big park" first, he wanted to build up to the MK...:shrug: ) and ride... Spaceship Earth maybe? I'm debating whether or not that's a good one to ride as his VERY FIRST WDW ride...?

RiversideBunny

We always do the Haunted Mansion first.

If you you arrive late in the afternoon, then there's not a full day for a park yet.
So we spend the first evening in the MK.
It's really a great place for a first time person to see at night.

:) :)

Nick Ray

... once you've checked into your hotel either in or around WDW? Do you head straight for a certain ride in a certain park? Relax by the pool? Go shopping in DTD?

I'm taking DH for his very first trip in a week and a half, and - while it's just like coming home for me - I want the first things we do there to be really fun and memorable for him. When I usually arrive with luggage in tow (haven't been to WDW since ME started), I buy my refillable cup in the resort cafeteria, unload my stuff in the room and head to some ride in MK. This time, DH and I are planning on heading straight to Epcot (his pick - he didn't want to start with "the big park" first, he wanted to build up to the MK...:shrug: ) and ride... Spaceship Earth maybe? I'm debating whether or not that's a good one to ride as his VERY FIRST WDW ride...?

If you are going to Epcot... I would say Soarin' depeding on the line! I just love that ride and can't get enough of it! SSE would be a great idea too, because it is the park Icon, I don't really know which one to tell you the truth as a First attraction at Disney! lol! but Soarin is good. SSE is a must while you are there but, I don't know if you want a trip through communication as your first ride lol!

k.hunter30

Original Poster
If you are going to Epcot... I would say Soarin' depeding on the line! I just love that ride and can't get enough of it! SSE would be a great idea too, because it is the park Icon, I don't really know which one to tell you the truth as a First attraction at Disney! lol! but Soarin is good. SSE is a must while you are there but, I don't know if you want a trip through communication as your first ride lol!
Soarin is great - when I saw it in DL. But we figure we won't be at a park until 1 p.m. - so I'm sure lines for that will be super long.

Usually, when I go to MK, Pirates of HM is my first ride. Then I head to Fantasyland!

Jerm

Forsure SSE first. Then go over and do Seas with Nemo and friends and enjoy your night. Relax and start with Illuminations on your first night so he can be amazed.

J

justducky78

If you're starting at Epcot, I think Spaceship Earth is a great idea (if it's not under construction). The big giant ball is the symbol of the park, so it only makes sense to start with that one. It's old, yes, but it's vintage Epcot!! Then, work up to the other, newer rides like Soarin and Test Track.

WDWRLD

If I get there around noon I head for EP to kill the time till my room is ready. Then after checking in its always to MK for the first night and the last night as well.

abug'saunt

our first day

We fly from Spokane, Wa to Fl. Depending on where and how long our layovers are, we usually don't arrive until after 5 p.m. Our last trip in 2005, we didn't arrive at the resort until 10:00 p.m. After we checked in, we went to our room, dropped off our carry-on stuff (we used DME), and went down for a bite to eat. Little did we realize that it would take 3 hours to get our luggage. Our first day is spent at the MK where we take in PotC, HM, Splash Mtn, BTMRR, and something for our youngest member like Dumbo or IASW after everyone buys a new hat to protect ourselves from the sun.

hokielutz

The first thing we normally do... especially if we are arriving around noon in Orlando, is let the hotel know we've arrived and do a soft-check in if the rooms are not ready (they usually are not ready this early in the day).

Then we head over to DTD for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. I don't know why... but we we get our Earl fix on the first day... do a little browsing at the marketplace... then head back to the hotel to get into our rooms.

After that... its a random experience & nothing is a have to do first. :shrug:

sarabi

We always buy our refillable mug and then off to MK.
We like to have a late lunch at Tony's and sit on the patio to view the 3 o'clock parade.

Kristi Kay

I always hit MK first. I walk through the gates, stop, take a deap breath and take a good look at Main Street, the Castle, the cast members costumes, the people selling the Balloons, all the smiling faces, the fantastic window displays......I smile really big and think "ah, I'm finally home"

We usually get to the Dolphin later in the day, so we spend most of that day on the Boardwalk. We eat somewhere there, walk around Crescent Lake past the Yacht and Beach Club, and then walk over towards the back of EPCOT to watch Illuminations.

Craig & Lisa

For our family, it depends on the time of day we arrive. If in the early evening we always go to DTD and just relax by walking around. If it's late eve, then we carry our luggage so as to not have to wait till 3 in the morning to get them. Mid day the it's always EPCOT and SSE, that pretty much has been a tradition for us. But most times one main tradition that we always do is have a pizza at the food court, it's not the best but it just seems the thing to have. It was the first thing we ever ate for our first visit to the World 10 years and 15 visits ago. And to think I fought with my wife about going.........WHAT WAS I THINKING :shrug: :eek:

drp4video

WHen we had AP's, no matter what time it was, we would go over to MGM and drop on Tower of Terror and Ride RNR.

NOw that we no longer have AP's, depends on what time it is. If late in the day, we go to DTD and shop and eat....we ususally never arrive in Orlando before 2...or we will go to the pool if the weather is good.

crazydaveh

Usually hit Epcot and get a few beers around the world. I don't go all the way around the world, that's saved for a later day during the trip, but a jumpstart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom