What's the max amount of time you could spend at WDW without getting bored?

KCheatle

Interesting question...I have been there 9 days before and was beyond ready to go home. However, I missed my dogs, and my $$ was running out, so I think those were the primary reasons why I was so ready to go home. If I could bring my dogs and had an endless supply of money, I could easily spend 2 weeks or longer. After hitting the parks at a normal pace at the beginning of the trip, I would probably spend most of the remaining days relaxing around the resort or going to the water parks during the days, and then leisurely making my way around the parks in the evenings, trying new restaurants at Epcot or Disney Springs, or whatever. I don't think I would tire quickly of sipping a glass of wine while looking over World Showcase Lagoon. ;)

Nottamus

The more I thought about it. and if money was no object...I could honestly say I wouldn't get bored with any length trip, but i would get a little homesick.

Id miss MY bed
MY pillow,
MY dog.
just being in MY bubble.

Then go back to WDW when I'm bored at home..

jloucks

The more I thought about it. and if money was no object...I could honestly say I wouldn't get bored with any length trip, but i would get a little homesick.

Id miss MY bed
MY pillow,
MY dog.
just being in MY bubble.

Then go back to WDW when I'm bored at home..
Oh good point. I have never been blessed enough to be away from home long enough to be homesick, but now that you mention it, I would eventually get there. Not sure when. 3 months maybe.

DisneyNittany

Its unbelievable to me that you could be bored or run out of things to do. Weve gone for 10 day trips and mostly for 2 week periods of time and have yet to reach a point where we ran out of things to do or found ourselves bored. We do however miss terribly our dogs, our own beds, our home cooking and friends. As we reach the end days we still wish could do extend the trip by a few more days. We do lots of park hopping, mini golf, take advantage of all the extra areas around property, and add in other extras. Disney keeps us interested enough that we dont let the fun expire.

To each their own, but you'd think some people on here were talking about Vegas, not WDW. Whether it's been a short weekend or a two week vacation, I've never gotten sick or bored of the World. There's just so much to actually do, and not do, that you can pick your own adventure. This is coming from a guy that rarely likes to leave his house too.

Cado603

Well I will be different. Started staying 1 week, then,10 day,then 2 weeks,then 3weeks,back to 10 days, this week 5 days ready to leave! 3FPs some short lines then back to resort. AP went up way too much so not renewing. Taking a break. Things are just so different! A 1 hour bus ride back from HS didn’t help. Bus driver took us to Poly instead of SSR! And argued with us that we at the wrong bus stop NOT! But finally took us to SSR. 1 hour bus ride at 7:30 at night when already tired!!!!!

Daddyoh

We have a usual 10-14 day visit at WDW every year. We are retired and not into time and DVC Members our base is the Beach Club and we are Disney LOVERS ! We would stay as long as we could shaking it up with staying at ANY Resort Villa. Disney theme Parks are not the only attraction on grounds. What more then do you need a comfortable room (Villa) and a nice pool ? We make our own JOY and rarely get bored with LIFE.

Dog Ate Mouse

I could stay inside the bubble for a long period of time. Yes the parks and the water parks, and Down Town Disney (Sorry still love that name). But then , here is what we do:

Bass Fishing Excursion,
Horse Back riding
Disney Tours
Biking
Boating
Staying at our resort relaxing with pool side drinks and dinner
Dinner Shows
Fine Dining
Movies
Bowling
Shopping
Mini Golf

Honestly, every day I way up and take that moment to just sit quiet while the little lady gets ready for the day I sit down and enjoy the Beauty of our resorts and at times the parks. The views I never get tired of.To my family it is not all about the parks but the whole resort experience with all there is to do and see. So I do know that I have not even gotten close to getting bored on 10 day trips. I always have a tear in my eyes when we check in on our first day and always am upset when we leave.

clarabellej

Just a little question I was thinking about yesterday while I was reading through trip reports. I came across one where the person stayed at the resort for three weeks, and all I could think of was how incredibly bored I would be by day ten of that trip. For the purpose of the thread, assume money isn't an issue. And since I know some people aren't in love with WDW today, I think it would be more fun if you answered the question based on what WDW was like at it's best, whenever that may be for you. Or just answered for both the past and the present, whatever you feel like.

I don't think I could go more than 7 days; I get to go to each park once, have a few pool days, and maybe a repeat visit to a favorite park. After that though, it would just get repetitive to be going to the same parks and doing the same rides over and over again.

I also wouldn't want to go more than every year, and even that is probably stretching my limits. I'm a very much a variety is the spice of life kind of person, so I wouldn't be happy going to the same place year after year. It would just get too familiar, I think.
Edit- Also, assume you're staying in the bubble.

clarabellej

Just a little question I was thinking about yesterday while I was reading through trip reports. I came across one where the person stayed at the resort for three weeks, and all I could think of was how incredibly bored I would be by day ten of that trip. For the purpose of the thread, assume money isn't an issue. And since I know some people aren't in love with WDW today, I think it would be more fun if you answered the question based on what WDW was like at it's best, whenever that may be for you. Or just answered for both the past and the present, whatever you feel like.

I don't think I could go more than 7 days; I get to go to each park once, have a few pool days, and maybe a repeat visit to a favorite park. After that though, it would just get repetitive to be going to the same parks and doing the same rides over and over again.

I also wouldn't want to go more than every year, and even that is probably stretching my limits. I'm a very much a variety is the spice of life kind of person, so I wouldn't be happy going to the same place year after year. It would just get too familiar, I think.
Edit- Also, assume you're staying in the bubble.
The longest I’ve been was 7 days & we were in the parks every day. What felt like “we have all the time in the world,” quickly turned into sheer exhaustion. I am dangerous when left to my own devices and have always been really bad about not knowing when to stop. 7 days was a bit much. Not necessarily bored, just tired!

Hard to get bored at Disney. There is always something new. And as much as I like exploring new places, there is something comforting about returning to a favorite place.

I had gone every year for years and years. From the time my daughter was 5, till she was I believe 16 or 17. I’d been various times prior to the annual trips as well. My daughter’s (aka my Disney partner in crime) last trip was with her high school dance group, so I bowed out. Although the teachers/planners of the trip drove me absolutely nuts with their total lack of planning and almost non existent use of FP.

So, what I learned over all those years was: stay at least 5 nights. I love Disney enough that it makes me really sad to stay any less than that.

The last trip we stayed 5 nights and 6 days. At one point we felt a little tired of it all, but then relaxed and we were happy to have the time to relax and not feel rushed.

And actually looking back on that trip, we’d skipped a ton of stuff. It didn’t matter too much, because we’d been so often, but just goes to show how much there is to see and do.

Another very wise thing I learned thru the years, after dragging my husband, having various family members and friends join, that those who love it, love it! Those who don’t like it as much cannot be persuaded, no matter how much you enthusiastically try to make them like it. People either love it or they don’t.

So staying a long time may be a dream come true or a nightmare, depending on one’s point of view.

So the best trips are with a fellow Disney lover, preferably someone you really enjoy spending time with.

In future, I will probably need to pace myself. So I may not purchase as many park days. It might be time for me to kick back and enjoy the resort.

Paper straw fan

I just spent 5 there- 2 at Boardwalk and 3 @ Poly. We did HS and Epcot while at Boardwalk, 2 days at MK and one at AK while at Poly. I could have done another 2-3 days, but would have needed a day/ day and a half to rest the back and legs in the middle. I took the question as basically WDW bubble only. Even if you tacked on Universal or whatever I’d max out at 2 weeks, with 2-3 rest days mixed in. We average about 5-8 miles a day on foot, so it would probably just be getting physically tired before getting mentally bored with it.

Pluto008

Beats the hell out of work anytime. They clean your room, they cook your food, you can pick any of a thousand things to do, yeah I'd say I work for my vacation but it would be awesome to say I vacation for my work

Moka

I’m gonna say maybe 7 days. We go often not on a vacation but just for a weekend thing. Depending on how we spend our time in the area and go to the parks during the evening, could probably do a week.

Jedi Stitch

I spent 7 days at WDW. It was not enough time. Some people are like not enough time are you mad. I could be, but then it does help to stay there. :p I did research before we went and did not listen to other people. Well, we did spend one day at each park, then went back to MK,Epcott, and DAK for a 2nd time. This just may be me, but I feel, I could go to MK at least 4 days and maybe just maybe actually experience everything. They have soo many meat and greats, and need to make so many ADRs, on top of rides, choose your own adventure games like sorcerers of MK and Pirate Treasure hunt. I bet you could do 5 days there. Epcott I have told by way too many people that is a 3 day park at a minimum. I tend to agree. Future world was a day. We literally ran from Kidcot to Kidcot for world showcase, so never had a chance to experience the world showcase more leisurely. Never found time to do Agent P adventure, so Epcott is easily 3-4 day to actually experience the park. DAK, Two days, and we never did experience the whole park, in January of '16 they had the trails around the tree down, the river of light show was under construction, Asia was under construction. Never found time to walk the Africa trails. Pandora was not even broken ground yet, so DAK is easily a 3 day park now,. DHS, I would put that as 2-3 day park if you want to experience it all.
We never did experience any of the water parks, and we did have ADRs at various resorts, but we still did not see all of them.
I bet 3 weeks would not be enough time to actually see and experience everything WDW has to offer. 18 days just my account of just the theme parks. 1-2 day for the water parks that is 21 days just to experience the parks, only. You could spend and entire month having one resort day at each resort, so I would be one of those types who could see spending the $500K for the one year in the park, living in the bubble, and I would never be bored any one of those days. Staying at each resort for a week. so to keep it spiced up.

Incomudro

I could stay inside the bubble for a long period of time. Yes the parks and the water parks, and Down Town Disney (Sorry still love that name). But then , here is what we do:

Bass Fishing Excursion,
Horse Back riding
Disney Tours
Biking
Boating
Staying at our resort relaxing with pool side drinks and dinner
Dinner Shows
Fine Dining
Movies
Bowling
Shopping
Mini Golf

Honestly, every day I way up and take that moment to just sit quiet while the little lady gets ready for the day I sit down and enjoy the Beauty of our resorts and at times the parks. The views I never get tired of.To my family it is not all about the parks but the whole resort experience with all there is to do and see. So I do know that I have not even gotten close to getting bored on 10 day trips. I always have a tear in my eyes when we check in on our first day and always am upset when we leave.

After all, it is Disney World. A world unto itself.
It's got more variety at our fingertips than most of us experience in our day to day lives in the real world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom