What's the max amount of time you could spend at WDW without getting bored?

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
Just a little question I was thinking about yesterday while I was reading through trip reports. I came across one where the person stayed at the resort for three weeks, and all I could think of was how incredibly bored I would be by day ten of that trip. For the purpose of the thread, assume money isn't an issue. And since I know some people aren't in love with WDW today, I think it would be more fun if you answered the question based on what WDW was like at it's best, whenever that may be for you. Or just answered for both the past and the present, whatever you feel like.

I don't think I could go more than 7 days; I get to go to each park once, have a few pool days, and maybe a repeat visit to a favorite park. After that though, it would just get repetitive to be going to the same parks and doing the same rides over and over again.

I also wouldn't want to go more than every year, and even that is probably stretching my limits. I'm a very much a variety is the spice of life kind of person, so I wouldn't be happy going to the same place year after year. It would just get too familiar, I think.
Edit- Also, assume you're staying in the bubble.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

Do you need to stay in the WDW bubble? If I was going to be there for 3 weeks, I would spend time at Universal, Sea World, perhaps Cape Kennedy, play Disney mini-golf, do The Void at Disney Springs, and try many different restaurants outside the parks, at resorts, Disney Springs. My wife would definitely want 1 or 2 spa treatments. If money was no object, I would also splurge on backstage tours, switch resorts, stay Club/Concierge level, book a dessert party, go to MNSSHP/MVMCP (depending on dates, you could do both), eat at Victoria and Alberts. I am sure I can think of many other things too.

I could be just at WDW 14-21 days or so.

Last edited:

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
Do you need to stay in the WDW bubble? If I was going to be there for 3 weeks, I would spend time at Universal, Sea World, perhaps Cape Kennedy, play Disney mini-golf, do The Void at Disney Springs, and try many different restaurants outside the parks, at resorts, Disney Springs. My wife would definitely want 1 or 2 spa treatments. If money was no object, I would also splurge on backstage tours, switch resorts, stay Club/Concierge level, book a dessert party. I am sure I can think of many other things too.
Hmm, good question. I would say yes, assume you're staying in the bubble. I would also be willing to stay longer if I ventured off property, but for this I want to see how long most people think they could do nothing but Disney and not get tired of it. I edited the original post to add this.

AndyS2992

We always go for two weeks and also visit Universal and other attractions as well and have an amazing time of course but by about day 10 I’d say I’m ready to come home. My feet hurt, my thighs are chaffed, the walking, the heat, the crowds, the waiting, the pushing and shoving, the expense of food and such, we’ve done everything we want multiple times, running out of clothes, exhaustion in general so I’d say 10 days is optimal. As much as I love WDW and have an unhealthy obsession, I don’t know how people can go several times a year every year, that’s too much. We go every four years because it’s mega expensive and because it’s give them time to change and open new attractions and experiences and then we use the years in between to save up and travel other places around the World which costs a fraction of the price of a WDW trip.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

We always go for two weeks and also visit Universal and other attractions as well and have an amazing time course but by about day 10 I’d say I’m ready to come home. My feet hurt, my thighs are chaffed, the walking, the heat, the crowds, the waiting, the pushing and shoving, the expense of food and such, we’ve done everything we want multiple times, running out of clothes, exhaustion in general so I’d say 10 days is optimal. As much as I love WDW and have an unhealthy obsession, I don’t know how people can go several times a year every year, that’s too much. We go every four years because it’s mega expensive and because it’s give them time to change and open new attractions and experiences and then we use the years in between to save up and travel other places around the World which costs a fraction of the price of a WDW trip.
Ah, but the question included "what if money was not an issue?" - you could pay for the 7 hour+ VIP tour every day and not need to wait in line at all!

Heppenheimer

I spent 12 days there once and I was getting quite bored by day 9. I was visiting from overseas at the time and didn't have a car, so couldn't really get out of the bubble.

Incidentally, I'm taking my family to Disneyland next spring for 7 days. I'm attending a conference for 4 of those days, so Disney-boredom won't be an issue for me. But I'll see how my wife holds out.

KaliSplash

Seems to me 8 or 9 days would be enough. Two days for MK, two for EC, 1 each for AK and DS. One day at each water park and one day at Disney Sp[rings. That's without doing such things as horseback riding, playing all the golf courses, taking special tours, spending time in a spa, boating, etc.

PeoplemoverTTA

We spent 11 days in WDW for our wedding/honeymoon, and we weren’t bored at all. Staying longer affords you the luxury of spending a few hours (or less) in parks each day, and even more time exploring the WDW Resort (and if you’re on-site, really taking advantage of your hotel to appreciate the grounds and amenities).

We’ve talked about doing another long trip (10 days or more) to enjoy a less hectic pace. I just don’t think we’d get bored with so much variety in activities, restaurants, etc resort wide .

nickys

Premium Member
There are so many resorts I’d like to try staying at, so I’d do a multiple split stay. 4-5 nights at each DVC resort, including the Saratoga treehouses, Poly bungalows and CC cabins, plus the moderates, Swolphin (to check it out), FW cabins and AoA, POP and one of the All Stars. At least a whole day at each resort (no parks) but a week at AKL to fit everything in. Ride every boat and gondola route at least once. Try out the water and FW activities.

3-4 days in each park, including one day in each where I wouldn’t actually ride anything but do all the interactive stuff (Wilderness Explorers, Agent P, Sorcerers and the GE stuff).

How long is that? 🤪

We did 3 weeks one summer. I’d do that again but not in the summer. Maybe for our last trip.

ppet

10 to 12 days would be my peak. I've done 7 days where there were still things we wanted to do. 10 days seem to be when everything is beginning to repeat for me.

DisAl

Cost is the determining factor for us, not time or boredom.
That being said we did 8 days in the parks last spring for our 45th anniversary trip. By the end of the trip we had covered just about everything we wanted to do. I figure 14 days would max us out, but that would only be because there were some more restaurants we wanted to visit. 😋

disney4life2008

In the 90s and 2000s, 2 weeks was perfect. I would do timeshare at Marriott then one week at Disney. The best 2 weeks ever. Then in 2015, I realized 5 days was the max especially with evening extra hours. Staying at Disney is not a requirement for me. But if course now I live in Orlando so the most now is a day. The I come back home lol

The_Jobu

Good grief...we have got to get more entertainment for you Leafs and Brits...

3 weeks? Is that a bucket list trip?

Well you know, I'd spread it around. I usually do EPCOT and MK twice, then the other two. I really like Uni and their hotels so theres some days. There's usually 4 or 5 Orlando restaurants we like to visit, plus all the non-park WDW restaurants. Hit up the outlet too. First day and last day you keep empty for travel. Some good nothing days mixed in.

To be fair 3 weeks would be my ideal. The last few times it's actually been 15-17 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom