Whats the deal with Superstar Limo?

Roswellqueen13

Original Poster
:confused: Okay I've been on mouseplanet.com and mouseinfo.com and all I've seen is that superstar limo has been closed for up to a year and a half. I haven't ridden the ride and went to DCA recently and saw it boarded up. I just want to know what it was all about and why it was closed in the first place? Was it really as bad as I've heard? And is there any plans to bring it back or do something with the space? Thats the one thing that bugs me about Disney, they remove rides and just leave the empty buildings there to collect dust. Anybody feel the same way?

drinksumpepsi

oo you went on mouseinfo.com right? um why dont you check the 50th thread or the SSL thread, :animwink: marcie and michael hinted something about a new 2 new D-Tickets coming to DLR before 06. Buzz for DL and sumthing for DCA , the hint im giving you is CLOSETS and Monsters :D but other than that if it doesnt happen, SSL just added skirts to the vehicles so it can let handicap people ride too. But when did they add that ? that was about how many years ago like about a a few months after it closed. Basically they added it already and the vechicles are just sitting there waiting to be ridden :cry:

Roswellqueen13

Original Poster
But whats the deal?

It seems like a wierd thing though, putting some routine mateince on it and then suddenly not reopening it. I did want to ride it but missed my chance. What is the general consensu though, was it a good ride or a bad ride? And most importantly what are they going to do with it? I've heard about turning it into a Monsters Inc. ride or a Cars ride. But what happens if Pixar doesn't stay with Disney? Is Superstar Limo just going to collect dust? Thats the one thing I hate about Disney, they just leave big parts of empty building around.

triparkal

Trust me you're not missing much.
I've only ridden the thing twice and that was one time too many. It was seriously the worst Disney ride ever. My advice is go on Mr. Toad and be lucky we're getting the Monsters Inc. thing soon.
-john v

DCA Fan

Premise was that you were the newest hollywood star and you're in a limo traveling to your premiere. You pass through many streets w/ famous people around you (in AA form of course).

It was an "interesting" ride, but you didn't miss much if you didn't get to go on.

Roswellqueen13

Original Poster
Okay

Thats cool then i guess i shouldn't feel too bad that i missed it. any word on when it's reopening or when these new changes are going into effect. it's just wasting space when something more worthwhile that people actually enjoy could go in it. personally i just think california adventure is a big disappointment. i'm handicapped and my brother is 5 and that whole wharf section of DCA is rollercoasters and we can't ride that stuff. i just think they should stick to improving disneyland (magic kingdom) whatever you want to call it.

Al

The whole area it is in seems pointless without it (well sort of). I know it doesn't sound very good....but it's a ride! I just hope they open it or replace it with something soon :) .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom