What's the biggest mistake Disney has made?

luv

At 42 I am a knuckle dragger at best so the bands and the need to carry a smart phone into the parks garner ZERO interest from me. The plussing of guest experience should not have to fall squarely on the shoulders of the guests effort but rather should be unseen or only noticed in retrospect after having visited the parks.

What they are building now is like having to ride a stationary bike to generate enough electricity to run the ride you want to go on...too much effort for too little gain IMO
AGREED.

Nemo14

At 42 I am a knuckle dragger at best so the bands and the need to carry a smart phone into the parks garner ZERO interest from me. The plussing of guest experience should not have to fall squarely on the shoulders of the guests effort but rather should be unseen or only noticed in retrospect after having visited the parks.

What they are building now is like having to ride a stationary bike to generate enough electricity to run the ride you want to go on...too much effort for too little gain IMO
Don't give them any ideas!!!

Matt_Black

I'm not that much younger than you, and I've no problem with it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Totally agree! With familes all using Smartphones now a days this is Generation What The Frack's version of "Family Bonding"
smartphones-at-table.jpg

Last edited:

jl3283

Original Poster
The Yeti was brilliant when it actually worked. Never heard of John Carter (which probably proves your point) and although i'm sure Pandora will be good, I just don't care for the movie.

I think Disney put a lot of effort into everything, but if i'm honest, the new Fantasyland is the biggest disappointment ever.

You're right. The new Fantasyland is a huge disappointment. We like to call it the new pretentiousland because it's not as good as they say it is. The seven drawfs mine train has taken almost 3 years to build. Universal has built simpsons, transformers, and diagon alley all in a year and a half. Diagon alley will open before the seven dwarfs mine train does and the gringot's coaster will blow seven dwarfs out of the water. I know, universal is for thrills and disney is for kids but that's the problem. Disney often forgets that the kids wouldn't be in the park without the adults bringing them and there's little for adults to truly enjoy as much as kids do besides drinking around the world at Epcot.

I still can't believe they chose to build a themed area around an irrelevant remake of pocahontas meets ferngully before building a themed area around the most successful sci-fi franchise of all time. How do you build an area around avatar and the only ride you'll offer for guests is a remade version of it's a small world with plants that talk and tell you what you smell like? Pathetic.

When it comes to WDW vs. Disney parks around the world, WDW has a "take it or leave it" attitude and that's the issue. If guests will keep coming with the same ol' rides in your park, why build new ones? Build new ones because evolving is how you stay on top and be innovative. Build new ones because you're Walt Disney World and you have all the money in the world to give guests the greatest theme park resort in the world, not the greatest resort that never changes. C'mon Disney, don't wait til 2015 to start building Lucas Studios, Carsland, Marvel, and new countries in Epcot. Blow Universal out of the water. Show us what you got.

Matt_Black

There is no Transformers Movie ride in Universal Studios. You might say, wait, yes there is! Well, for that to be true, that would mean that Michael Bay has made 3 Transformers movies with a fourth one on the way, and I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any of those. The ONLY Transformers movie came out in 1986, and it starts of with THIS.

:cool:

jlsHouston

I'm 66 and had no problem. Do I have the next 5 years to look forward too?

My mom just hit 70....doesn't email...I can see her having issues with the NGE crap. I'm 52. I get it. But I'm technologically challenged all the time trying to copy a link or upload a pic and I spend all day on the computer working...WIndows 8 has me cringing.
I know people in their 60's that totally out manuever me on a computer. The IT age has pretty much existed since the 80's. Lots of people in their 20's and 30's in the 80's are IT wizards. And lots of people aren't.

Cesar R M

Happily running a show with broken animatronics.
FP+
180 day ADRs
Chicken Little
Lol.

I like your icon :D

anyway for me.. ungh.. my real disappointing is :
"Fans" who ignore all bad that goes on and how it could go better,
All this while dising/blasting on the people who had bad services as "uni lovers".

It's not just the old folks. I don't consider myself old (my son might argue that) and I'm over the wristbands. Though, technically, I was never under them or a fan in any way. :)

In another thread, people were discussing the newer technology that makes the billion dollar wristbands behind the times, lol.
Maybe they should have made a agreement with Samsung, and sell Samsung smart watches for a premium and letting people keep using the cards for free :p

FrankLapidus

Looking at the bigger picture right across the company, not finding someone to replace Frank Wells back in 1994.

Stitch's Great Escape is a close second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom