What's the biggest mistake Disney has made?

copcarguyp71

Juggernaut outbuild of room/DVC capacity without incremental spending and "plussing" within the parks themselves. Packing the parks is paramount I am sure for the bottom line but packed parks with guests who are listless and unhappy with long lines, cleanliness, inability to sit down and eat and not enough attractions/ride capacity will bear itself out in the coming years if management does not recognise the guest experience quality declining.

RonAnnArbor

Spending millions to refurb Alien into a decent attraction and ending up with Stitches Escape many million dollars later -- talk about throwing good money at bad to just get an even worse attraction

Goofyernmost

Spending millions to refurb Alien into a decent attraction and ending up with Stitches Escape many million dollars later -- talk about throwing good money at bad to just get an even worse attraction
I just went on Stitch this past Tuesday. I paid special attention to the show, this time , due to all the negativity about it. I found nothing wrong with it, it was cute and fun. The AA's were all working the show including the stanchions worked like they were design. I didn't come out all busted up or gagging on the burp odor (which BTW was barely noticeable). All in all, it was good. It had a totally different mission then Alien (which was also a good show) but was more family friendly and it is Magic Kingdom after all. It had a funny preshow as well.

SMS55

The wristbands, just because of the money involved.

And now they are forcing us to use it to justify it's cost. These wrist bands are bad with older people. Older people aren't as technologically davy as younger people. My parents are right around 70. There is no way they could even use the kiosk. They're lucky they had me there. There were quite a few frustrated faces at the kiosks. That's going to scare away guests. Using it also makes me question why anyone would want to buy a park hopper.

Goofyernmost

And now they are forcing us to use it to justify it's cost. These wrist bands are bad with older people. Older people aren't as technologically davy as younger people. My parents are right around 70. There is no way they could even use the kiosk. They're lucky they had me there. There were quite a few frustrated faces at the kiosks. That's going to scare away guests. Using it also makes me question why anyone would want to buy a park hopper.
I'm 66 and had no problem. Do I have the next 5 years to look forward too?

luv

It's not just the old folks. I don't consider myself old (my son might argue that) and I'm over the wristbands. Though, technically, I was never under them or a fan in any way. :)

In another thread, people were discussing the newer technology that makes the billion dollar wristbands behind the times, lol.

copcarguyp71

It's not just the old folks. I don't consider myself old (my son might argue that) and I'm over the wristbands. Though, technically, I was never under them or a fan in any way. :)

In another thread, people were discussing the newer technology that makes the billion dollar wristbands behind the times, lol.

At 42 I am a knuckle dragger at best so the bands and the need to carry a smart phone into the parks garner ZERO interest from me. The plussing of guest experience should not have to fall squarely on the shoulders of the guests effort but rather should be unseen or only noticed in retrospect after having visited the parks.

What they are building now is like having to ride a stationary bike to generate enough electricity to run the ride you want to go on...too much effort for too little gain IMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom