What's the best tour to go on?

whendoweleave?

Has only done the Steam Trains tour? I'm considering it this Sept. Thanks :wave:

If your into trains you will have a blast. It also helps if your into all the technical stuff about trains.
I like trains but not that much. I did however enjoy the tour and history of the trains. We had a guide who seemed to live his entire life since he was a kid around trains. I would recommend any tours you can take.
Its always cool to see the backstage stuff at W.D.W.
I would love to see all the other behind the scenes stuff like the laundry,food ordering and prep,room reservations,bus repair,trash, and all the other things that make Disney run. I find it amazing that for the most part they entertain tens of thousands of people a day with out a hitch.
Hell i worked in hotels years ago and sometimes we had problems taking care of 200 to 300 people a day!

Fantasmic

I have done KTTK about 6 or 7 times, really enjoy it, but it's ver "polished" now as to how it was when I first went on it in 1998!

I think I am going to do the Backstage Magic this year, as I'd love to go backstage at Fantastmic!

Crazy4WDW1

We're thinking about doing the Undiscovered Future World Tour at Epcot, but I have been reading mixed reviews about it. Now I'm not sure what to do.

I wish you could customize the tours. I would love customize a tour at Epcot. I would love see the corporate lounges!

kdsjjb

We're thinking about doing the Undiscovered Future World Tour at Epcot, but I have been reading mixed reviews about it. Now I'm not sure what to do.

I wish you could customize the tours. I would love customize a tour at Epcot. I would love see the corporate lounges!

Doesn't the Undiscovered Future World tour take you into a corporate lounge?

Blackie Pueblo

For her birthday I took my wife on the Behind the Seeds tour I think it's called at The Land in EPCOT. It's not for everyone but it was very interesting if your into gardening and such. I'm not really into it but I found it very fascinating and learned quite a bit.

"Ideas come from curiosity."
---Walter Elias Disney

After doing research, it seemed like the Epcot Segway tour was extremely popular. I did not read one negative review about it. It completely lived up to those expectations. Really had a blast and would certainly do it again!

heliumalias

I've done:
- the Segway tour at Epcot which was great fun. i'd always wanted to go on a segway and got to see a little more of World Showcase than I usually do.

-Keys to the Kingdom. This was my favorite tour. We rode Jungle Cruise and Pirates (HM was in refurb), had lunch at Columbia Harbour House, and then went through HoP round the castle and then into Main Street for the Utilidor section. We also saw the parade floats (day and spectro) as well as costumed cast crossing the sightline threshold. The tour guide was excellent.

-Backstage Magic. Like a previous poster I was a little disappointed with this one. I didn't see nearly as much of the parks' backstage areas as I thought we would. It included: The American Adventure, ToT (to see a lift not currently operating), Costuming, Topiary greenhouses, Water Canal system (from the bus only), lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe (WL), Production offices (inc. Bonnie Apetite, painting, woodshop,etc), Laundry services, the Utilidors, the 3pm Parade and Main Street Window decorations. The tour guide wasn't bad but wasn't nearly as good as the one I had for KttK and I felt that I actually learned more from KttK than BM which seemed strange to me when you consider the price difference. I expected to see more of Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Sorry to disappoint a previous poster but I didn't see any backstage stuff relating to Fantasmic. Wasn't impressed by the "compulsory" parade viewing. If I wanted to watch it I'd do that on my own time when it's free. His commentary was really a bit pointless (unlike the commentaries on PotC and JC during KttK).

GoochDSA

I did Backstage Safari in AK this past New Year's Eve week (I wanted to go on one of the more popular tours but they were basically all booked up when I went to book it). I was actually pretty surprised at how good it was. The tour guide (Karen I want to say) talked about the animals that most people run past in the front of the park, you go through the hospital, the lunch room, some of the other things change based on the luck of your timing (if lucky enough you can watch surgery performed on an animal then the surgeon talks about what they just did) etc. etc. etc. If you want something a little different then the usual tours you hear about I would sugest it, especially if you like animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom