What's the best thing to ride first at IOA...

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok I was wondering what should be the ride I ride first at IOA....Like which one usually has the longest line so I can do it first.

David

Spiderman It's the best!
Hulk
There is a free fall ride close to Spiderman, that I think is called Dr. Doom's or something like that. Anyway, its good and you get a great view of the parks

NemoRocks78

Seized
I would say get to the park early, go straight to Marvel Super Hero Island, quickly get an Express pass for the Incredible Hulk Coaster, and then go over to The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. This way you can get right on both attractions with little or no wait.

Danny14

If you get to the park right when it opens, head straight for the Hulk, and then ride Dr. Doom and Spiderman. ExpressPass shouldn't even be necessary - lines aren't bad right when the park opens.

speck76

Spiderman is probably the best ride, and can get long lines. Dr. Doom is nothing special (if you have been on a space shot) but it has low capacity, so the lines it does get will move slow.

tj229er

Like someone else said go to Hulk see what the wait is. If it's more then 30 min. get an express pass then go to spiderman get in the singles line and ride it once or twice then go to Hulk.

Kermit the Frog

At park opening head straight for Spider-Man (note, it's not spelled Spiderman or SpiderMan. Come on people, we're supposed to know what we're talking about here! :) ), then proceed to Hulk and then Dr. Doom's Fearfall. After that head to the back of the park and take a couple of trips on the Dueling Dragons. After that go to Jurassic Park and ride the River Adventure, and if it's warm out might as well and get wet riding on Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls. After that you'll probably want to explore the hidden areas of each land while drying off, and riding rides such as The Cat in the Hat, Poseidon's Fury, The Flying Unicorn, and Storm Force Accelatron.

If the park isn't busy don't worry about using their Express system. It's kinda fun waiting in some of the line queues as long as they all aren't long. If it is busy, then you'll want to use the passes throughout the day to maximize your time in the park. The single rider line is a great time saver too!

AndyP

If you like roller coasters and want to ride both Fire and Ice of the duelling dragons, go straight there, you quee up for one, and because there is no queue, just walk through the child swap and ride the other, we once rode 5 times and the start of the day between both, basically no queue, and we got front seat! We could have kept going longer because the queue wasn't that big when we left! (The queue is basically just the next boarders or maybe two!)

DigitalDisney

I'm going to throw a wrinkle into the mix and offer a couple controversial options..

1. I've heard rumors that Pteranadon Flyers lets adults on the ride first thing in the morning (i.e. they don't enforce the child rule). It may be worth it to head back there and go on that ride once, because you definately won't be allowed to do so when it's busy later in the day.

2. If it's going to be a hot day and you want to go on it, head on over to Dudley Doright's Ripsaw Falls. The line for that ride gets real long during the heat of the day, and it doesn't move very quickly either. Hit this one while you can.

If you don't want to do either of those, then head on over to the Hulk, then go to Spiderman, then back to Dueling Dragons.

Walter

Originally posted by DigitalDisney

2. If it's going to be a hot day and you want to go on it, head on over to Dudley Doright's Ripsaw Falls. The line for that ride gets real long during the heat of the day, and it doesn't move very quickly either. Hit this one while you can.

Very true, I'd consider DDRF the most important to get to early. I've seen this ride's line get up to 125 minutes at 4:00 P.M. Yikes! I'd definately say, first Spider Man, then Hulk, then DDRF. If you go right when the park opens, you can do all three of these with little or no wait, along with some others. If you're lucky, you can ride everything in the park within the first four hours (I've done it many times before.)

Chux

Originally posted by Walter
Very true, I'd consider DDRF the most important to get to early. I've seen this ride's line get up to 125 minutes at 4:00 P.M. Yikes! I'd definately say, first Spider Man, then Hulk, then DDRF. If you go right when the park opens, you can do all three of these with little or no wait, along with some others. If you're lucky, you can ride everything in the park within the first four hours (I've done it many times before.)

Or just stay on site at the Portofino or HRH and laugh at the suckers in line :)

The_CEO

If the day seems to going to be crowded.. If you are one who gets there when the park opens, do the rides in this order to avoid waits.

Enter Park -

Run to Hulk - Why? Because this is a rollercoaster and can have larger waits in the day so get this out of your way when its a walk on!!!

Walk over to Spider-Man - Why Spidey next? This is a nice indoor attraction that will cool you down from being outside, also can be long later so do this and keep walking around!!

Continue to walk and do the Toon Lagoon areas if you want - Why? I personally head over to Jurassic Park and ride but it depends on if you like water rides or not.

If you don't like water rides, from Spider-Man walk past Hulk and to Seuss Landing and ride the CITH.

From there you will want to ride the 2 Dueling Dragon coasters which in the mornings through mid afternoon have little waits because of the size of the queue!

If you would like to catch the shows in the Lost Con then go for it!

Once leaving the L.C. you enter Jurassic Park!

I'd go on the River Adventure because you actually get sprinkled and not soaked, depending on where you are seated :lol:

After you get off that you walk and enter Toon Lagoon making a big loop! By then you would of ridden the rides that are worth visiting for. If you are tired of the waits and have a two park pass, go to Universal Studios and check it out! I'm not telling you that the lines will be any shorter but something new is great!

I was basing this off my schedule. So take it or leave it! :D

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Chux
Or just stay on site at the Portofino or HRH and laugh at the suckers in line :)
We are actually staying at that hotel so what does that mean!? I don't have to wait in lines? lol

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by JesusJuice
i've never even used fastpass at Disney b4....it was b4 my time. lol
or should i say "after" my time? I don't know! haha All i know is that I haven't been to Disney in so long....

AndyP

AT universal you can get a pass with a time slot to go back to the Universal express entrance. But you can only have one at a time. If you are at one of the on-site hotels, go to the express entrance with your room key and all express supported rides and you basically wallk straight on or skip the majority of the ride. Its unlimited for on-site guests too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom