What's it like in February at the happiest place on Earth?

ELG13

We are going in May, but I REALLY CANT WAIT THAT LONG so I was thinking of doing another one in February, maybe shorter, since we will have APs. So tell me about February! Obviously we can't do the water park and that's usually a full day so what would be a good replacement? Something that's low stress high fun....

Weather_Lady

February is great except for President's Day week, which will be crazy crowded, so you may want to avoid that week if you can. (I know because that's when we'll be there, LOL. I'm already scared.)

Whether you can do a water park (Blizzard Beach should be open in February, assuming the refurb doesn't go beyond schedule) depends on the weather -- last year we visited Universal over President's Day week, and daily temperatures were unseasonably warm, well into the 80s, so we swam every day. If you visit Blizzard Beach, there's also the Winter Summerland mini-golf course.

If you can't do a water park (and depending on your definition of "low stress") and are looking for something fun and different, there are some cool escape rooms in the area. My family spent an afternoon doing two of the rooms at The Escape Game Orlando (International Drive, https://theescapegame.com/orlando/, discount code usually available at visitorlando.com) -- we chose Gold Rush and Prison Break -- and had an amazing time. We have escape rooms in our local area, but nothing that could hold a candle to The Escape Game Orlando in terms of quality, theming and special effects, so we're planning to go again when we get back to WDW this Feburary ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

I did late January / early February this year. Other than a day of pouring rain, weather was mild to warm. Crowds were moderate, I guess?

They will close the water parks if temperatures dip below a certain threshold, but if you can handle them in the cooler temperatures you'll have a great time with zero crowds. The two days I spent at Volcano Bay with almost no waits for anything were some of my favourite days of my trip.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

A Feb trip is wonderful because it breaks up the winter months and even though its Feb, the warmer FL temps feels so much better than at home where its below zero. If you cant do the pools, the relaxing hot tubs feel great after a long day in the parks. The mini golf courses are a great way to spend an afternoon. Or visit some of the resorts you havent stayed at to see their unique theming. We visited AoA last time and was pleasantly surprised at what was there. Fort Wilderness has horseback riding. The stables and surrounding areas are great to wander through.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Thanks y'all!! We live in the panhandle of Florida so it does get a little bit cooler than down in South Florida so I'm never sure of the weather !! I'm just ready to go...like...NOW and that's the only time we haven't been for no specific reason so I thought we could try it!

Upvote 0
I went in February last year with my daughter. We went the 3rd weekend which corresponds with the Princess Marathon. I though the park crowds were relatively light, especially morning time, compared to October or December ( pre Christmas). The wait times were not as shorts as expected though as it seemed they were swallowing up the crowds. Over all we had a great time and other than trying to get out on a Sunday, the day of the Marathon, we had a great time.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
What's it like in February at the happiest place on Earth?
I wouldn't know because I have only been to Disney World. ;)

Just fyi. :)

DL = Happiest Place on Earth
WDW = Most Magical Place on Earth
As soon as someone corrected me the first time I thought to myself well duh!! You'd think I'd have caught it since EVERYTHING I look at is the "most magical"lol

Upvote 0

UofMGuy423

I've gone in February a few times (after President's Day weekend) and the crowds are decent, but the weather can either be cold or hot so plan for both.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

We went the middle of February one time from the 6th to the 16. The weather was great, in the 70's in the day and 50's at nite. I think we might have just been lucky that way. The parks weren't overly crowded. We were concerned over the BTG's at that time of year, but we only saw a few and they were orderly and no problem at all. I think disney has clamped down on their behavior due to all the complaints. There were large groups of cheer leaders who were no problem at all. I liked the fact that there were no decorations at all - just disney without all the holiday trappings. Kind of refreshing. You have to look out for President's Day, and the Princess half marathon. We were there later in february one time and the parks were very crowded after the race was over. Won't make that mistake again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom