What's inside mount everst?

MickeyTheMouse

No, in the Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction at Disneyland, Walt asked the climbers what they wanted up there for fun in between scaling the mountain. They said a basketball court. So a half court basketball court was put at the top of the mountain and was later removed in a recent refurbishment.

UrbanDonovan

HAhaha Yeah I would have guessed a roller coaster too.... Plus... What happens when you miss a shot?? A little kid on the coaster gets a good knockin!!

I remember reading in Realityland about people getting hit all the time in the early years of Space Mountain. I think the author even told of someone being seriously injured when some guest lost a crystal candelabra they bought in the park and it came tumbling down and conked someone in the head.

DancingPhoenix

I'm new here, but I've been a major fan of Disney for a long time, and like to think I know most secrets that have surfaced (and maybe some that haven't haha)

The Matterhorn basketball court was one of the first DisneyPark secrets I stumbled across, getting me hooked on finding more. The basketball court was not only added for the cast members, but because with California building regulations Matterhorn was too tall to not have an actual use. To keep the mountain the same height, they added a basketball court so the space would be in use, thus justified for the height :)

RedWench

Broken Yeti??

I keep hearing that the Yeti needs work in Everest. I was last there right after the ride opened. What exactly is it doing? I mean, I remember it only swinging its arm, and roaring. One would think those actions would not be that hard to maintain.

Adding to the original post...you can't forget the animated projection of the Yeti busting up the tracks on the wall!!

redshoesrock

ACTUALLY, if we're going for 100% accuracy, the mountain you're thinking of in AK is the Forbidden Mountain; Everest is the smaller peak behind and to the right of the high main peak (for forced perspective purposes). Look for yourself:

http://blumonkey.org/weblog/pictures/sized_animaleverest1.jpg

Remember the storyline is you're taking a train around and through the Forbidden Mountain on your way to the Everest base camp. Normally I wouldn't be nitpicky like that with others, but since we're all Disney nerds here we might as well go for accuracy.

Kaylee Disney

Thought I should mention, that there's actually a basketball court (well hoop) inside the top of mount everest, which cast members, can play basketball. Odd eh?

There's actually not a basketball court in mount everest in Walt Disney World.
there's a basket ball court in disney land in the matterhorn on top. For futher research search it up. there's a video on youtube of an old show that a cast member went up and showed the basket ball court.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom