What's Icarus doing at Epcot?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Found some new permits to ponder...

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28970881&file_num=20070344787&doc_status=S

and

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28970882&file_num=20070344788&doc_status=S

The question becomes - what are they? The company contracted to do the work is Icarus Exhibits Inc. They're based out of Orlando and do work for mostly science museums and trade show type stuff. They are linked to Disney previously via the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Pooh Corner at Downtown Disney.

I don't think this is some setup for Food and Wine - it's way early for that - but what sort of foodstuff would Epcot be putting in at World Showcase Plaza and the American Adventure?

The only prefab food places i know of are Checkers restaurants. Those are like a mobile home with drive through windows and they just plop them in place after construction like the rooms of the Contemporary. I kinda doubt Epcot is getting a Checkers - though I do love RapCat.

The only person I can dig up on the project is David Lyons (he signed it) and though it may be unlikely, it may be the same david Lyons that did Road to El Dorado and visual FX on some other noteable films.

BRER STITCH

I'm guessing it's either something quick for Gay Days entertainment, or an advance permit for the temporary Food and Wine Fest exhibits.

Most likely, the Food and Wine Fest "temporary country" pavilion. Wonder who it will be this year???

:)

brkgnews

The plat on the second page of one of the plans (not the American Adventure one) shows the building will be placed in front of "Plaza Tower," whatever that is.

BRER STITCH

Good for you, BRKGNEWS!

I couldn't make out what that said when I saw it!

Now that I look again, could they possible be replacing the old McDonald's french fry building on the way to Canada with something more substantial?

That's my new guess, if it's not for the Food and Wine Fest!

:D

Chape19714

Maybe it's a new Hut for Turkey Legs?

It seems to me like it might be something similar to the huts that just sprung up around China and Japan.

ToTBellHop

I thought he was talking about Kid Icarus, the video game character, walking Future World. Now THAT would be worth booking the flight down to Orlando in itself.

Ted_Kord

I thought he was talking about Kid Icarus, the video game character, walking Future World. Now THAT would be worth booking the flight down to Orlando in itself.

I'll third that my first thought was Kid Icarus! Even before the actual icarus myth, I thought of Kid Icarus hanging out with Mega Man and Captain N. They would make a great addition to Disney Quest.

Moustronaut

Good for you, BRKGNEWS!

I couldn't make out what that said when I saw it!

Now that I look again, could they possible be replacing the old McDonald's french fry building on the way to Canada with something more substantial?

That's my new guess, if it's not for the Food and Wine Fest!

:D
The first link goes to an area right around where Sam Adams puts their beer pavilion every year.

Is on that corner of World Showcase where the fry stand is but is the "restroom" on the left of the plot the building where the fry stand is?

ToTBellHop

I'll third that my first thought was Kid Icarus! Even before the actual icarus myth, I thought of Kid Icarus hanging out with Mega Man and Captain N. They would make a great addition to Disney Quest.
MegaMan should have been in Future World from day 1! Errr...well...I guess MegaMan wasn't around in 1982...but from 1987 onward, he shoulda been there!

ToTBellHop

Fourthed... though I think Samus would be cooler seeing walking around.....
Samus is hot. I'd definitely make a trip to Epcot to see her...wouldn't mind seeing a ride at Animal Kingdom with Ridley, the big red dragon, either. I could probably do without Kraid, but Mother Brain could definitely take up residence inside Wonders of Life. Okay, I'm done...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
And being an old fart Im thinking Grek mythology.

But hey....perhaps its a Greek thingy for foon n wine, bring on the Ouzo and the kleftico, and strike up the bazooki.

Epcotrob

Samus is hot. I'd definitely make a trip to Epcot to see her...wouldn't mind seeing a ride at Animal Kingdom with Ridley, the big red dragon, either. I could probably do without Kraid, but Mother Brain could definitely take up residence inside Wonders of Life. Okay, I'm done...

Metroid Pavillion sponserd by Nintendo in the old WOL building :lookaroun

Talk about a awesome thred drift :wave:

Enigma

Account Suspended
Hey dudes & dudettes,

lets write a letter to John Lasseter telling him how awsome it would be to have a Kid Icarus walk around charecter walking around the park (maybe to promote a new GREECE Pavillion?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom