What's going in place of the 100 YoM logo?

wdwcrazy

Original Poster
DOes anyone know what they're going to replace the 100 years of magic logo under the Sorcerers hat with? In the new trip planning video they showed it with nothing under there but that would look kind of akward.

ToTBellHop

the new sign is in the works (WDI is working on it) and it will be quite innovative--opens sometime next month. Maybe it'll just say "Disney-MGM Studios"; maybe it will say "Walt Disney Studios Florida"...no one knows for sure. But there will be a sign.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by DogsRule!
the new sign is in the works (WDI is working on it) and it will be quite innovative--opens sometime next month. Maybe it'll just say "Disney-MGM Studios"; maybe it will say "Walt Disney Studios Florida"...no one knows for sure. But there will be a sign.
Can't wait to see the changes in April. BTW - I thought they were dropping the "MGM" references

TURKEY

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Can't wait to see the changes in April. BTW - I thought they were dropping the "MGM" references

They are trying to, but guests don't really want to let them. I doubt it does to try and push guests away from using MGM.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Pippa
Although the hat is kind of festive what purpose is it going to serve now? Just another shop?

The Hat is the park's icon...Disney has all but given up taking the MGM off of the park name...the reason you never see it called the Disney-MGM Studios on the website or in videos is because Disney has a contract stating that the title MGM may not appear in the park name on anything that goes overseas--that is why it is blotted out on the vacation planning videos and such.

BRER STITCH

Gee....hopefully they will turn "THE HAT" into a great big ole Character Meet-n-Greet area!

This would accomplish two things: 1) it would make up for having so few meet and greet areas, and 2) it would prevent park goers from having to experience anything new and exciting for the foreseeable future.

".......where IMAGINATION lives........."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lnsemsf

Originally posted by DogsRule!
The Hat is the park's icon...Disney has all but given up taking the MGM off of the park name...the reason you never see it called the Disney-MGM Studios on the website or in videos is because Disney has a contract stating that the title MGM may not appear in the park name on anything that goes overseas--that is why it is blotted out on the vacation planning videos and such.

They do use the MGM name on their website.

DDPGambit

Hey, why don't they put up a big glittery sign that says "THE HAT" or "Disney Studios 2003" so people know what park they are in and what year it is!

celestia

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Gee....hopefully they will turn "THE HAT" into a great big ole Character Meet-n-Greet area!

This would accomplish two things: 1) it would make up for having so few meet and greet areas, and 2) it would prevent park goers from having to experience anything new and exciting for the foreseeable future.

".......where IMAGINATION lives........."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's already a big character meet and greet area, behind the hat, on the steps of the hat, and by min and bills :) (it's nice and shady!) the only place i ever saw the old hag from snow white :)

BenS

Originally posted by Pippa
Although the hat is kind of festive what purpose is it going to serve now? Just another shop?

I had a discussion about that with a CM while waiting for the "One Man's Dream" show to start. I was wondering what the official icon of MGM (I still call it that) was. There are just so many large things in the park (ToT, hat, Earful Tower). She said that it use to be the Earful Tower, but there were three problems:

1. Can't be seen from anywhere in the park, except backlot tour.
2. Families like to set their meeting places as the park icon, which is unaccessable from anywhere in the park (we always used the GMR or the ToT).
3. The Earful Tower is not in the center of the park. What kind of a park icon is that?

So the hat is the new park icon. But WHY couldn't they put it somewhere else!? IT BLOCKS THE GMR! Grrrr.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by BenS
So the hat is the new park icon. But WHY couldn't they put it somewhere else!? IT BLOCKS THE GMR! Grrrr.

The new icon is where it is for several reasons, three of which come from the problems w/ the Earffel Tower:
1) It wouldn't fit anywhere else in the park.
2) It is visible from many locations in the park
3) It is at the parks center
4) It is a good meeting place
5) It is uniquely Disney (whereas Mann's Chinese Theatre was not, which is why the Sorcerer Hat now blocks it)

I think it will say plain old regular
"Disney studios"

I noticed on the planning video that it has nothing about MGM. i like it like MGM b/c its alot easier to say.

Blizz

I think that the hat is going to turn into another eye sore like the giant EPCOT sign over spaceship earth. Yeah, good idea for the event, but as one user said, I miss seeing the theater when I walk in. It takes away from the feeling of Hollywood in the early 1900's. It just takes away from the theme, I would say move it to some other part of the park where it does not kill the theme.

ToTBellHop

As I have said before, the Disney Studios is not themed to 1930s Hollywood. It is themed to be a Hollywood set. That is how Star Tours, the entire Backlot, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fit--it has a 1930s feel because that is the main set--everyone you encounter is an actor--dare I say a Cast Member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom