What's Disney's Upcoming Attraction Schedule??

natalia1681

Epcot just opened Nemo and Friends ride. AK just opened the Nemo Musical. MK will be opening The Laugh Floor in early January. There is also the rumored Midway Mania at MGM, which will be going into the old Millionaire location. (*Do a search for this, as there has been much discussion of it)

That's all I can think of right now.

Oh, yeah and the 5th park with the Harry Potter Ride and all the old rides, like Horizons, Mr. Toad's, and 20k that they will be bringing back. And they are opening up River Country again:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

TTARider

Sometimes its nice to sit back and compile a list of all the new attractions like this. What's wrong with gathering your thughts?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Epcot just opened Nemo and Friends ride. AK just opened the Nemo Musical. MK will be opening The Laugh Floor in early January. There is also the rumored Midway Mania at MGM, which will be going into the old Millionaire location. (*Do a search for this, as there has been much discussion of it)

That's all I can think of right now.

Oh, yeah and the 5th park with the Harry Potter Ride and all the old rides, like Horizons, Mr. Toad's, and 20k that they will be bringing back. And they are opening up River Country again:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun
hello pandora's box. nice to open you

:lol:

sknydave

While I'm not in the know and cannot contribute, I would be very interested in seeing a nicely compiled list of whats in store for us!

kcnole

Recently Opened Attractions:

Everest
Nemo's Undersea Adventure
The Nemo Musical
All the new shows at MK
Refurbished Pirates

Rumored and confirmed upcoming attractions:
Laugh Floor
Midway Mania
New film for Canada in World Showcase
Rumored film for Soarin
SSE update
Rumored updates to Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Jungle Cruise.
Rumored addition in Adventureland (possibly the roller coaster from Disney Sea and Paris).

sconti

As someone who loves to go to WDW about every year and also as someone who loves the e-ticket attractions, I am of the belief that they should almost always have an e-ticket attraction in development. I know this sounds extreme, but if I knew a new e-ticket attraction was coming on board every year or two, I would be much more likely to definitely visit every year, more likely to probably stay longer per visit and almost certainly likely to invest in the DVC.

All these cute little rides, shows and renovations are nice (and necessary), but its the big, new and exciting rides that bring most people back to the parks.

JimboJones123

A resident "insider" also "heavily" hinted at a next country for WS... then shut up about it really quickly, but did state that they knew which country it was. That was well over a month ago now. I haven't seen anything more since.

hokielutz

Don't forget the 'El Rio Del Tiempo': Three Callablleros rehab!

Yes... please don't forget this and simutaneous re-release of the Three Caballeros on DVD with new special features. I'm sure that Disney will have a red-carpet event to promote the new ride... similar to pirates :D

A resident "insider" also "heavily" hinted at a next country for WS... then shut up about it really quickly, but did state that they knew which country it was. That was well over a month ago now. I haven't seen anything more since.

Yeah someone on here just posted about Spain maybe being the next country for world showcase to which I say, "ABOUT FREAKING TIME!" epcot has needed more over on the WS side to get people back over there. Last time I went to Epcot it was dead in WS, I would love to see that raft ride in I think it was Germany or something ride wise for showcase. Course a night indoor show with water and laser lights would be tight too, I could be something like fantasmic but smaller scale and they could theme it too STITCH LOL.

Moustronaut

While I'm not in the know and cannot contribute, I would be very interested in seeing a nicely compiled list of whats in store for us!
Whatever happened to the Coming Soon page on Disney's Website? Way back before Mission:Space openned, they had a website that looked like it was just a big wooden plank with knotholes to peek through to see new attractions. They had Mission:Space, Aladin's Magic Carpets, the Pirates' VR Game attraction in DisneyQuest and something else. They need to bring back that site!

natalia1681

Whatever happened to the Coming Soon page on Disney's Website? Way back before Mission:Space openned, they had a website that looked like it was just a big wooden plank with knotholes to peek through to see new attractions. They had Mission:Space, Aladin's Magic Carpets, the Pirates' VR Game attraction in DisneyQuest and something else. They need to bring back that site!
That would be worth making a visit to:wave:

DisneyMania2007

Original Poster
hey ya know what,i think this is my ideal slate of upcoming projects at Walt Disney World if you guys don't mind:

2009-10=Walt Disney Studios + Indiana Jones Adventure replacement for the Epic Stunt Spectacular.

2008-09=Animal Kingdom + Something big for Dinoland USA or just go ahead and start planning about Beastly Kingdom.

2008-09=What's next for Epcot??? + in terms of building a new thrill ride like Test Track,Mission Space,etc.

2009-10=Magic Kingdom + I think they should start planning about that 2k lagoon site they were going to build,but why did they take out that Close Encounters ride in Tomorrowland?? Did'nt that just kick butt?????

ToTBellHop

The biggest new things to look forward to are the "Midway Mania" under a hopefully different name coming to MGM, and the updates of Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and another small update to Pirates--if you have seen the similar updates at Disneyland, they are certainly worth waiting for, with Space Mountain largely being a new ride (and if I were a betting man, I'd guess we will replace our current two tracks with one so they don't have to build special effects twice--you'd get more bang for your buck with one track and we could have a larger coaster.

A new country for World Showcase would certainly be nice, and I'm sure something is in the works for Animal Kingdom besides the new asian restaurant. As for a new thrill ride at Epcot, I'm not of the opinion that another is needed (and I love thrill rides...). I'm sure we can expect a replacement for Wonders of Life to at least be announced in the next 5 years. A new version of IllumiNations! is also likely in the next 5 years.

And of course we do have the new DVC resorts at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Contemporary, and I'd be surprised if construction of the Legendary Years at Pop Century doesn't resume also in the next 5 years.

huntzilla

Does anybody have any info or pictures about these "knotholes" at the old official Disney site. I really be interested in seeing some pictures of it or something.

DisneyMania2007

Original Poster
well what about Indy's Stunt Show and how long will it last? as for animal kingdom what could be in store if were talking about thrill rides? Or just a new Country like Austrailia or something? Indy Stunt Spectacular won't last forever.

well what about Indy's Stunt Show and how long will it last? as for animal kingdom what could be in store if were talking about thrill rides? Or just a new Country like Austrailia or something? Indy Stunt Spectacular won't last forever.

Indy has already lasted forever! It still is a great show though. In the end, the next MGM attraction has to have some sort of "movie/Hollywood/entertainment industry" theme to it. Would the Indy ride fit this category?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom